Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tiger Way

Rebbiv

The "Tiger Way"....can't develop any of their own talent so they sign cast offs from other teams. That's the "Tiger Way"

How does the Tiger way translate to Valdespin? I'm lost.

On a more pertinent level, based on the off-season I'm pretty sure Avila doesn't know analytic from a hole in the ground.

"Tiger Way" is supposed to be an organizational philosophy, from top to bottom, on how to act (team player, etc). Then they go sign a player that is all about themselves and has been a cancer in other organizations. Sort of sending a mixed message here in my opinion.

"Tiger Way" is supposed to be an organizational philosophy, from top to bottom, on how to act (team player, etc). Then they go sign a player that is all about themselves and has been a cancer in other organizations. Sort of sending a mixed message here in my opinion.

Oh I didn't realize he signed with us. I saw Mets and Miami.. Thanks.

Maybe I'm just pessimistic but it seems like the Tigers are trying awfully hard to build a mediocre team

I don't think you are being overly pessimistic, I don't see a team yet that can unseat the royals and reclaim the div, I'm still holding out some hope maybe ceps comes back for LF..I think teams got crazy with the money for pitchers and there isn't a tone left over now for most of these good remaining free agent bats, free agent market will be much thinner next year maybe ceps should sign a one year deal and hit the market again next year when there won't be as many to contend with for the big bucks

Can we do it? 1 year 20?

Last edited:
This Valdespin kid was signed by the mets a few years ago. He had an attitude from the start and refused to listen to their coaches in the minors or majors.

My old mom lived at an apartment complex in Rhode Island up until mid 2012 before she became sick and had to go into the nursing home....well this valdespin kid's uncle Edgar was a maintenance man for the property mgmt. co. there. We talked when I visited back mom then. He too played minor league ball a few years earlier than Jordany, and he told me the kid, his nephew had some growing up to do. wtf are the Tigers doing??
The Tiger Way and this new analytics dept. sounds bogus.

Back