Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers looking at Cespedes and Gordon

This is my favorite part..

Seeing either outfielder end up in Detroit would be somewhat of a surprise considering the fact that GM Al Avila has previously indicated that he?s probably done pursuing outfield help after acquiring Cameron Maybin from the Braves.

So Maybin's it?

This is my favorite part..

Seeing either outfielder end up in Detroit would be somewhat of a surprise considering the fact that GM Al Avila has previously indicated that he?s probably done pursuing outfield help after acquiring Cameron Maybin from the Braves.

So Maybin's it?
I hope not. I think Cespedes might end up being a Mr. I driven signing.

I'd love to see Alex Gordon, but another contract like that is going to kill this franchise for the future, and it seems Mr. I just plain does not give a fuck and only wants his title.

I'm starting to dislike him.

Tigers supposedly considering Raburn, wouldn't be the worst thing. I could live with a Collins/Rayburn platoon over gose starting in LF. I don't love either option but I think one is much better offensively

Last 3 years Away

T. Collins 96.6 RC/650 .354 OBP .460 SLG .814 OPS

R. Raburn 93.9 RC/650 .331 OBP .503 SLG .834 OPS

Y. Cespedes 90.9 RC/650 .312 OBP .504 SLG .816 OPS

J. Upton 86.2 RC/650 .331 OBP .439 SLG .770 OPS

D. Fowler 78.7 RC/650 .350 OBP .370 SLG .720 OPS

I swear to god some people can be so prejudiced against some players. Now, I am not someone that wants another Righthanded hitter on the roster. I believe we are way too Righthanded dependent as it stands now. So that would be my objection against Raburn. Otherwise, I have no issues as long as he is used like he was in Cleveland and not what Leylad did.

but does he really help the team. The ONLY thing he can do is hit LH pitching. He is like McCann

They can't afford that. Even though M.I. hinted he could go over the tax threshold, I don't believe he actually wants to.

Please no raburn..I agree we do not need another roster stiff.

Stiffs with a .930 OPS are welcome on this team, that's just last year but someone over .750 should have a roster spot. I'd take Raburn/Collins over Gose any day. Are you saying you wouldn't?

Back