Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bruce Rondon in the middle of Winter League Game bench clearing brawl

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2015/12/detroit_tigers_bruce_rondon_ej.html#incart_river_index
Detroit Tigers' Bruce Rondon ejected following ugly brawl during winter league game.
Mlive

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...n-in-middle-of-bench-clearing-brawl/77242580/
Tigers' Rondon in middle of bench-clearing brawl.
Detnews

http://www.blessyouboys.com/2015/12/13/10021646/detroit-tigers-bruce-rondon-winter-ball-brawl
Exchange between Bruce Rondon, baserunner in winter ball leads to punches, brawl.
bybtb

If Miggy and Victor were/are unable to reach this kid, I guess no one can. $Million$Dollar$Arm$ and a 10CentHead.

Last edited:
This is exactly the kind of guy we don't need anywhere near our clubhouse. Cut ties already.

Rondon definitely seems like a dummy, but I don't mind seeing some fire from him. He seemed checked out for much of his time in the majors last season.

Rondon definitely seems like a dummy, but I don't mind seeing some fire from him. He seemed checked out for much of his time in the majors last season.

The wrong kind of fire is worse than none at all.

He's not a superstar like Puig or Chapman, he's an overweight reliever who has already had a major injury to his throwing arm, and has not exactly impressed in the chances he's had.

Personally, I hope he does not get an invitation to Lakeland.

He's not a superstar like Puig or Chapman, he's an overweight reliever who has already had a major injury to his throwing arm, and has not exactly impressed in the chances he's had.

I get where you are coming from, but that's about the last thing I'm hoping for. Instead, I hope he can get his attitude and conditioning right and can earn his way back into good graces by performing the way he is capable of.

Agree with this 100%. He hasn't shown any glimmer of being any good outside of maybe a 3 or 4 inning run. He's been pretty terrible actually.

unless he is out of options I don't think you cut him. I think you make it clear to him he will be in the minor leagues this season unless he loses 50 lbs and pulls his head out of his ass. If nothing changes you try to trade him and as a last resort you cut him.

unless he is out of options I don't think you cut him. I think you make it clear to him he will be in the minor leagues this season unless he loses 50 lbs and pulls his head out of his ass. If nothing changes you try to trade him and as a last resort you cut him.

1. I believe he has 2 option years left

2. He takes a spot on the 40-man roster.

3. Even if he is in the minors, he will get the league minimum at least.

4. He is arbitration eligible at the end of 2016.

Teams are not going to want a player that hasn't repeated his performance and then have him go to arbitration. I am ambivalent towards Rondon, but time is definitely running out.

1. I believe he has 2 option years left

2. He takes a spot on the 40-man roster.

3. Even if he is in the minors, he will get the league minimum at least.

4. He is arbitration eligible at the end of 2016.

Teams are not going to want a player that hasn't repeated his performance and then have him go to arbitration. I am ambivalent towards Rondon, but time is definitely running out.

I didn't realize that they had to keep him on the 40 man roster.

I didn't realize that they had to keep him on the 40 man roster.

Removing him from the 40-man roster is basically the same as cutting him. He can refuse assignment and sign with another team.

Last edited:
Removing him from the 40-man roster is basically the came as cutting him. He can refuse assignment and sign with another team.

yup. I would lay down the law right now. Come to camp in shape & change your attitude. Give him all of spring training to either show he is worth the roster spot...if they decide he isn't...DFA him and see what happens. I see no reason to just cut him now...he is an asset until opening day.

The Tigers "own" him for one more year, and then he is in arbitration he will still be cheap unless he improves.
The TJ surgery didn't hurt his velo much if at all. He has a head problem, but lots of talent.

Talent wins baseball games. Winning games is what baseball is about.

He goes when he proves he isn't going to work out OR the Tigers have to choose between him and someone better.

Last edited:
He still has 2 years of options so we can afford him to refine his attitude and game in Toledo.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

He still has 2 years of options so we can afford him to refine his attitude and game in Toledo.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

His roster spot on the 40-man is more valuable than he will ever be.

Unless Rondon has a great ST, he's probably going to start the year in the minors. Right now, there's probably only one BP spot left after KRod, J. Wilson, Lowe, A. Wilson, Hardy, and Greene(?). He's going to have to compete against Nesbitt, VerHagen, Fulmer, Ryan, Ferrell, Farmer, Valdez, and ???

Back