Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers discussing trade with rockies

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
http://www.outsidepitchmlb.com/repo...cussing-trade-with-the-colorado-rockies/41199
Detroit Tigers discussing trade with the Colorado Rockies.
OutsidePitchMLB

The Tigers have also been in contact with the Rockies regarding their outfielders, tweets Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. No deal between the two sides is close, however, and it’s unclear which of Blackmon, Dickerson or Gonzalez intrigues Detroit the most at this juncture.
MLBtraderumors

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2016/01/12/detroit-tigers-colorado-rockies/78706582/
Tigers reportedly interested in a Rockies outfielder.
Freep

http://www.blessyouboys.com/2016/1/...rado-rockies-carlos-gonzalez-charlie-blackmon
Tigers trade rumors: Detroit has inquired about Rockies outfielders.
bybtb

http://beck.mlblogs.com/2016/01/12/as-the-outfield-market-turns-tigers-rockies/
As the outfield market turns: Tigers, Rockies.
JasonBeck'sTigersBlog

http://www.sportsmedia101.com/detro...for-colorado-rockies-left-handed-outfielders/
Detroit Tigers Interested in Dealing for Colorado Rockies’ Left-Handed Outfielders.
Tigers101

Last edited:
interesting. I would be very nervous trading for any of these guys due to the Coors Field effect. None of them have an OBP over .300 away (3 year stats) and only Cargo has an OPS over .700 away.

interesting. I would be very nervous trading for any of these guys due to the Coors Field effect. None of them have an OBP over .300 away (3 year stats) and only Cargo has an OPS over .700 away.

I concur. If it is true we are talking to them, I wonder if analytics are involved. If they are, I would question their qualifications. If not, I would question Avila even more.

Last edited:
Just sign Cespedes already.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nothing would surprise me here. I wouldn't be shocked to see us swing a trade to CarGo, to sign Cespedes, to pick up a guy like Raburn to platoon, or to do nothing at all. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Collins, Gose, or Maybin traded away if we did a deal with the Rockies.

Personally, money aside, I wouldn't mind seeing Cespedes back or trading for CarGo. Either probably prevents us from taking care of other needs at the deadline though since either would put us a tick over $200mil in payroll, I believe.

Nothing would surprise me here. I wouldn't be shocked to see us swing a trade to CarGo, to sign Cespedes, to pick up a guy like Raburn to platoon, or to do nothing at all. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Collins, Gose, or Maybin traded away if we did a deal with the Rockies.

Personally, money aside, I wouldn't mind seeing Cespedes back or trading for CarGo. Either probably prevents us from taking care of other needs at the deadline though since either would put us a tick over $200mil in payroll, I believe.

I'm trying not to laugh here but who would trade for those 3 bozo's. Collins, Gose, Maybin - trifecta of crap.

I'm trying not to laugh here but who would trade for those 3 bozo's. Collins, Gose, Maybin - trifecta of crap.

Avila traded for Maybin, DD traded for Gose and he drafted Collins.....so basically...just those two clowns!

Maybe we could send them to Boston for some of Tito's old bubblegum that he left behind.

Hasn't Maybin been traded like 4x already? Tigers to Marlins to Padres to Braves to Tigers. Gose has been traded once, Jays to Tigers.

I never said they'd be traded straight up for CarGo, only that they'd seem likely to be traded away if we were to sign Cespedes (or someone else) or trade for CarGo (or someone else). Either way, we'd have too many OFs on the roster if we added someone else into the mix.

Matt Holliday turned out alright ever since the Cards got him from the Rockies...

Holliday had a 1.082 OPS at Coors Field and his career away OPS is .824

Cargo has a 1.016 career OPS at Coors Field and his career away OPS is .752

Similar drop off and Holliday is better at Coors and away.

Also, for a little perspective...Miggy's career OPS is .961

A drop off similar to Holliday's drop from Coors to his away would be going from Miggy's carrer OPS of .961 - .258 = .703

That drop off is like going from Miggy to Nick Castellanos (career OPS of .709)

Last edited:
No thank you.

He wont make us contenders and would further bankrupt us for the future.
I was only saying it because it comes up at least once a week that Tigers are still in running. So, who do you want? Personally, I would just run Collins out there and platoon the turds in Center.

I was only saying it because it comes up at least once a week that Tigers are still in running. So, who do you want? Personally, I would just run Collins out there and platoon the turds in Center.

Exactly.

I have been saying it for a while, we're going to suck for a few years. Can't put a band-aid on that. So we use cheaper players and "hopefully" develop some talent from within so that in a few years we can start rebuilding a contending team.

And the only way we can do that is to get our payroll down, and not bundle up every player in the minors who shows the slightest hint of promise in a trade. Sadly, I don't think Big Al is the man for that job, his chair still has too much of DD's ass impression left in it.

Back