Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Upton to Tigers 6 years, and tried to trade him during 2016 season

Glad its Upton instead of Cespedes honestly

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

128 walks over last 2 seasons. Too good to be true. In b4 he fails his physical.

With my best crystal ball I wouldn't have seen this coming. Not a fan of that signing at all.

Wow, shocked. He's a very good all around player. We over payed slightly, but not crazily IMO. This makes us much better and I think he was a better value than Cespedas would have been.

I Really don't care for this. Lot of Ks, an ok OBP, mediocre average, decent speed, power is meh.

He stole 19 bases last year I probably put him in the 2 hole. Move Kinsler to the back of the order. Still don't have a lead off hitter.

+4.2 WAR last season. +3.2 the year before. He's a lot better than any other LFer we had. Improved the team although he's not a superstar.

Tigers always seem to do a very good job at keeping their deals secret.

Dombrowski was the Super Secret Poker Face King at keeping a signing or trade secret.
I would guess the payroll will be around 200 Million and the luxury tax is 17% of that amount? or is the percentage of the luxury tax a higher % ?

I dont think there is a left-hander in the AL outside of Price that could go through the lineup three times without getting roughed up a little.

I dont think there is a left-hander in the AL outside of Price that could go through the lineup three times without getting roughed up a little.

But isn't that the problem? The majority of teams have right handed starters. We have needed a left handed stick for so long.. I think Signing Upton is ok.His deceasing OBP concern me over the last five years .369 .355.354.342.336. but it still is a player we needed.
Hopefully he has a breakout year with us!!! We still need a LH stick because who knows how Victor will hit right ?

I heard on the radio that Illitch pushed hard to sign Chris Davis but Avila talked him out of it. Hope Upton works out

He is gonna K a lot. Very streaky hitter.

I'm starting to wonder if Illitch is making these moves.

Big over-pay for an average player. Hope he has 2 great career years and opts out.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back