Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Most useless Sports News source

RH, LH - can he hit.

Career Miggy, .952 OPS against RHP, .992 OPS against LHP. HOF with either number.

Not to bump my own thread, but the SI off season report card?!?!?! WTH?

I'm a big believer in platoon advantage overall but of course you don't want any LH bat. Adding marginal LH hitters makes TV analyst happy and they'll talk about how balanced your lineup is. I don't know the numbers but I'd venture to say that Upton will have better numbers vs rhp than Collins would over a full season. There are also rhp that are better vs LH hitters depending on the arsenal.

One thing that throws this off is the emergence of extreme shifts. You can't vacate the right side of the infield with nobody on like you can the left side so LH pull hitters are more susceptible to being neutralized by shifts.

Back