Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Blast from the past, "Smokes" and others

jdeb

Found this photo. Just for fun

Attachments

• DSC05119.jpg
    DSC05119.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Not what I meant, sorry. I will try and change title.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Inge HOF package management

Hof Inge

Attachments

• inge.jpg
    inge.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Casey

Loved the guy. Casey

Attachments

• casey.jpg
    casey.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Grill Cheese

Couldn't hit the backside of a barn at Comerica but went on to be a dominant closer. Wonder where he will end up this year? Grill Cheese

Attachments

• grilli.jpg
    grilli.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Old friends

Zimmer left us last June, him and Smokes were great friends.

Attachments

• old time friends.jpg
    old time friends.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 14
Todd Jones

Good old Rollercoaster... Had to take a zanex every time he came in.. Todd Jones.

Attachments

• rollercoaster.jpg
    rollercoaster.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Polly

Mr. steady. We sure missed him for a while. He is talking to McClendon or Sweet Lou, can't remember. Polly

Attachments

• polonco portrait.jpg
    polonco portrait.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Maroth

Pitching coach now. Mike Maroth. Those that can't do, teach? I always hated that saying but kind of fun in his case. He was recovering from arm surgery that spring. Great guy, talked to him for a few minutes and him and Jonesy were busting my chops. I was asking him for an alternative prescription for zanex when Jonesy came in the game.

Attachments

• maroth.jpg
    maroth.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Made catch to end 1984 WS, Larry Herdon.

Attachments

• larry.jpg
    larry.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 12
One of numerous examples of the Tigers-Giants connection, EDIT: Herndon was a Giant, too, which prompted the Evans post. I'll stick with that theme for a bit.

EvansDarrell.preview.jpg

Last edited:
Evans wasn't a high BA guy but could hit for power and could take a walk. Had a good eye.

Herndon is a coach in Lakeland last I knew and one of my favorite Tigers in 84. Evans got some big hits as Herndon did. Last I read, Evans was a manager in the Golden Baseball League.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Advice to the kids, don't ever try to emulate someone else's batting style, be yourself.

Nokes.jpg

Back