Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Blast from the past, "Smokes" and others

His best days were a HR, popup out, and 3 strikeouts.

168-30TFr.jpg

LOL that team with Deer , Tettleton , and Inky was fun to watch at least .

that '91 team was pretty entertaining to watch. Cecil, Tettleton and Deer.

I remember sitting in the left field bleachers during the 91 season for a game. Ball were flying out like crazy.

A guy, a few rows away, went to get him and his buddies beers. While he was gone, Deer hit one right to his seat. The look on his face when he came back and his buddy had the ball in hand was priceless.

I remember sitting in the left field bleachers during the 91 season for a game. Ball were flying out like crazy.

A guy, a few rows away, went to get him and his buddies beers. While he was gone, Deer hit one right to his seat. The look on his face when he came back and his buddy had the ball in hand was priceless.

Same thing happened to me , i was at a white sox / Yankees game and i went to the bathroom to smoke and Ozzie Guiilen drilled one down the left field line just foul , and the ball hit my empty seat . When i got back my brother had the ball and was dude it hit your seat ! I was like no way , but all the fans around us were like yea man it really did !! Moral of the story , dont start smoking kids lol

97ee7a632531bc457f10cd53ae764507.jpg

Big time bust... Nate Colbert

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

116-69Fr.jpg

Bill Madlock. Tiger and a Giant (and a Pirate, Cub, Ranger and Dodger)

25521-2289845Fr.jpg

Sparky: "He has a chance to be the greatest second baseman who ever lived."

1-t5688197-500.jpg

He had one of the most (to opposing pitchers) showboating HR trots ever. He'd take his time and touch the OF grass between second and third. Also was a basket-catching OF with no one on base or with two out. A real "hot dog" in the jargon of the day.

Last edited:
Back