Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Blast from the past, "Smokes" and others

139154.jpg

Leveraged an Evansville AAA hot streak in 1977 into 1200 MLB PAs with a slash line of .270 .349 .355 .704 ... if you are a singles hitter, you gotta hit .320.

Last edited:
139154.jpg

Leveraged an Evansville AAA hot streak in 1977 into 1200 MLB PAs with a slash line of .270 .349 .355 .704 ... if you are a singles hitter, you gotta hit .320.

Depends on if he's some top defensive player, like a SS.

Mr. steady. We sure missed him for a while. He is talking to McClendon or Sweet Lou, can't remember. Polly

Damn, he was one of my favorites. Seemed like you could always count on him for whatever you needed at any point in the game.

Oh I know. I was just saying if he was a SS than his numbers might be alright. I guess I didn't make myself clear.

Apparently, his stats are OK because he was a bottom of the order hitter. Position had no bearing, just where you hit in the lineup.

<sarcasm>

Last edited:
86-827Fr.jpg

Career 1.409 WHIP and has an outlier season in '81 ... .959 WHIP that was elevated by a 3.9 BB/9 that season. A "bit" of a "character."

His best days were a HR, popup out, and 3 strikeouts.

168-30TFr.jpg

In '91, Deer had more XBH (41) than singles (39), and nearly had more strikeouts (175) than batting average points (.179).

Also, this guy, with velocity in the upper tiers for a windmill softball pitcher:

Attachments

• Tanana90.jpg
    Tanana90.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 16
In '91, Deer had more XBH (41) than singles (39), and nearly had more strikeouts (175) than batting average points (.179).

Also, this guy, with velocity in the upper tiers for a windmill softball pitcher:

He was so good when he had so much speed in his early days. Still managed a long career after his injury. Not common back then.

He was so good when he had so much speed in his early days. Still managed a long career after his injury. Not common back then.

I always liked him when he was here. He had to pitch vs. throw, and was pretty good at it.

Back