Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Delmon Young arrested in New York

mjsb2

NEW YORK, (WXYZ) - Reports say Tigers outfielder Delmon Young was arrested in the early morning hours Friday after assaulting a man outside a New York hotel.

According to the New York Post the police were called around 2:30 a.m. Friday after Young pushed a man to the ground outside a Midtown hotel.

Sources say Young was "highly intoxicated."

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/sports/repo...fighting-outside-new-york-hotel#ixzz1tFFCWeSf

Let's see....didn't we already have a Young getting into trouble due to being intoxicated?

Just what we needed.

I will give Leyland and DD a lot of credit, if there are problems in the clubhouse they are keeping them in the clubhouse, I've been wondering all year if there are issues because of the lack of passion I am seeing, but Smokey Joe keeps it in house and that's a good thing. I do know that Victor Martinez is the best clubhouse guy we have and we could be missing him.

This incident seems like not a huge deal, I'm sure we'll hear soon the details, but maybe this brings the guys together, rally the troops and surround the wagon sort of deal. This team needs something to get it going, first Inge being released, now maybe something like this can actually help build cohesiveness.

OK, now they are saying he faces hate crime charges, shit, could be a little bigger deal than we thought, the victim may have been Jewish and I'm assuming Young (who was drunk at the time) may have called him a name or two. Not good.

OK, now they are saying he faces hate crime charges, shit, could be a little bigger deal than we thought, the victim may have been Jewish and I'm assuming Young (who was drunk at the time) may have called him a name or two. Not good.

Can a black man be charged with a hate crime? An interesting ethical question.

Signed, Johnny Caspar

Waive him or trade him to the NL for a bat boy.... WTF... These f-ing privileged athletes messing up again.... I am tired of it... Sooner we get Young out of left field the better the team will be... I mean even Raburn is a upgrade in the outfield over Young... What does that say about Young's defense.

I would love to see us trade away Young and/or Raburn along with some prospects (Turner, Castellanos, etc. if need be) for a legit 2B or LF. Give the starting job at the other position to Santiago, Kelly, Raburn or Young and call it a day. I think the Fielder trade and the quick Inge move goes a long way in showing there's a shift to win now for Mr. Ilitch. I can definitely see him giving the okay to trade the young stud prospects for a shorter term solution, even if it costs a pretty penny on top of it.

According to KC in his team notes this is DY's 6 anniversary of when he took a bat out on a umpire in the minor league... Late April must be a bad moon cycle for Young... All kidding aside we don't need this around Miguel.... Get rid of him... Twins could not get rid of him him fast enough..

According to KC in his team notes this is DY's 6 anniversary of when he took a bat out on a umpire in the minor league... Late April must be a bad moon cycle for Young... All kidding aside we don't need this around Miguel.... Get rid of him... Twins could not get rid of him him fast enough..

I agree. Clean house! I?ve had enough of these knucklehead players. If you are gonna act like a drunken fool, at least be highly productive (like Miggy, Mantle, Ruth, etc.).

PicardDoubleFacepalm-1.jpg

ffs. how fucking stupid can you be?

Last edited:
"Given Young's defense, I wouldn't be surprised if these charges are dropped."

Back