Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 158. tigers verses white sox. Sept 24th.

With Seattle's loss the Tigers have officially clinched a playoff spot, whether it be winning the AL Central or through the wildcard.

Yep!

But we certainly want to win the Central.

Still, a mini-celebration in this thread may not be entirely out of order....

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!

TIGERS CLINCH THE PLAYOFFS!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO1!!!!!

from the twitter:

To win the division outright:
DET: 4-0
DET: 3-1
DET: 2-2, KC 3-1 or worse
DET: 1-3, KC 2-2 or worse
DET: 0-4, KC 1-3 or 0-4

Nothing to celebrate here, making the playoffs was never a goal. Not making the playoffs would have been an embarrassing failure, we shouldn't celebrate not embarrassing ourselves. Winning the Central Division was the real first goal. From then on it's ALDS, ALCS, WS.

Just my $.02

From the team thread

Sales comments about it are all rather bizzare appenently a fan got in his head before the game started? Really...geesh..I think one of the things victor said in the post game (not sure now) was that he was thinking "what's wrong with this guy" lol +1 victor..appearntly what's wrong is fans can get into his head...good to know?

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/news/articl...-victor-martinez-exchange-words-following-hbp

We're just fans though not the players. It's not celebrating like we won the World Series. It's just breathing a sigh of relief. There's nothing wrong with that. We've been through a lot of ups and downs this season. I'm enjoying the fact that I know for sure we are at least in the dance. If they flame out in the ALDS sure I'll be upset, but for now life is good.

From the team thread

Sales comments about it are all rather bizzare appenently a fan got in his head before the game started? Really...geesh..I think one of the things victor said in the post game (not sure now) was that he was thinking "what's wrong with this guy" lol +1 victor..appearntly what's wrong is fans can get into his head...good to know?

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/news/articl...-victor-martinez-exchange-words-following-hbp

Sale is lying. He's been told to change his story.. why else would he do the binocular gag? Avisail Garcia told Victor that Sale thought he had someone stealing signs as well.

I don't consider the WC play-in game the post-season. I know it is, but I don't.

Back