Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers verses other teams

biggunsbob

Baltimore......5-1
Boston..........5-1
White Sox.....8-9 (really bad team)
Indians........11-8
Astros...........4-3 (horrible team)
KC...............13-6
Angles...........3-4
Twins.............7-8 (terrible terrible team)
Yankees.........3-4
Oakland.........5-2
Seattle...........2-4
Tampa Bay.....3-4 (bad under .500 )
Texas............4-3 (awful awful team)
Blue Jays........1-5 (barley over .500)
Arizona...........2-1
Colorado..........3-0
Pittsburgh .......2-2
san Francisco....1-2
LA....................3-1
SD....................1-2 ( bad team under .500)

Last edited:
I get your point but really the Tampa Bay and San Diego comments were odd to me... Both teams aren't that bad and the San Diego series was on the road (Padres are 47-32 at home so 1-2 isn't bad)

Versus teams under .500

Scherzer+Verlander+Sanchez = 22-8 .733 WPCT

All other starters = 9-15 .375 WPCT

As relievers = 6-8 .429 WPCT

I get your point but really the Tampa Bay and San Diego comments were odd to me... Both teams aren't that bad and the San Diego series was on the road (Padres are 47-32 at home so 1-2 isn't bad)

I fixed it... Heck i never even looked... Just assumed they were way under .500.
Still a losing recored but they are good at home as you said...

I agree completely that the White Sox and the Twins season series have been very disappointing. The Tigers should easily have about 3 or 4 more wins vs those two teams.

Some of the others are smaller sample sizes and it can influenced by exactly WHEN you play those teams. Not all games are created equal so to speak.

Toronto for instance. They came in to Comerica in early June riding high having won 10 of their previous 12 games, while Detroit was in the middle of their 9-20 stretch. They were playing like a juggernaut at that point and blew us out and swept us. Would that happen again if Toronto came to Comerica Park tomorrow? I don't think so.

On the flip side is Baltimore. We dominated them 5-1 in the season series, but I don't think we'd have such an easy time if we played them right now, or in the postseason. One of those series we played with them was in early April. They look pretty good at the moment (14-7 in Sept).

Baseball is a different sport. Every game is very different because of the starting pitchers. You run into a team that is supposed to be worse than you but they have their "ace" going and that night you are not the better team. A pitcher can have a great night just like a goalie and on the other hand your best pitcher can have an off night and get knocked around.

But that has happened to much for a team as talented as the tigers. ..I understand how hot and cold the jays and we were but to be so flat in so many games verses the twins and white sox is unacceptable.

Atlanta let go there GM all ready. Who puts the team together. Really the money that is in this team is not working.

But that has happened to much for a team as talented as the tigers. ..I understand how hot and cold the jays and we were but to be so flat in so many games verses the twins and white sox is unacceptable.

Well yes that's why I agreed with you about being unhappy about our series results vs Chicago and Minnesota :)

Back