Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 160 Tigers vs. Twins Sept 26

From all indications from his one inning so far, it was the same old Anibal... He should have been in the 4th when we were only down 4-0.. We might have made a comeback... I understand loyalty to the guys who got you here, but Rick hasn't had it in September, Anibal has been here all year also...
Bottom line, if I was DD here would be my next conversation with Brad.. If Rick is not at the knee's or below in the first couple innings, get him out of there... Get Anibal in there... Number two, if Nathan blows a save one more time, replace him with Soria permanently...

Porcello now belongs on the same shit list as Nathan for me. Two big games where he didn't even give his offense a chance.

What does Porcello have to do with how our offense does?

Baseball games are 9 innings. No game was ever won or lost in the 1st inning.

At this point, our Achilles heel is Ausmus. We have holes, but with Sanchez and Soria in the bullpen, none should be big enough to be killers...unless he purposefully misuses the entire roster like he has been. If we win anything at all, it will be despite Ausmus.

Last edited:
I see the tigers are back to their lay down ways verses the twins. ... Rick has turn back into Rick in the second half of the season. ...freaking just ridicules the division is not wrapped up...m

What does Porcello have to do with how our offense does?

Baseball games are 9 innings. No game was ever won or lost in the 1st inning.

Really? Everything changes when you're down 6-0 early. The pitchers attack differently and the hitters' approaches are compromised. We could have scored 5 runs in the first, and still would have lost this game. This was on Rick Porcello once again.

Miguel Cabrera hits career home run No. 390, tying him with Graig Nettles for 58th in major league history.

We should have taken out Porcello in the first inning. It would have been a blow to the ego, but in a game as important as this, who cares.

I see the royals are celebrating thier post season birth tonight..I hope they stay up all night and get loaded

Strange, thier will be no celbration in Motown if they don't beat these pesky gnats

We should have taken out Porcello in the first inning. It would have been a blow to the ego, but in a game as important as this, who cares.

Playoffs maybe, or maybe if we still haven't got a playoff spot yet.

Really? Everything changes when you're down 6-0 early. The pitchers attack differently and the hitters' approaches are compromised. We could have scored 5 runs in the first, and still would have lost this game. This was on Rick Porcello once again.

Absolutely 0 logic or reason to anything you just said.

color me surprised.

I would have pulled Porcello after the third inning and put Sanchez in. That was the turning point in the game. Gotta keep it at 4-0, and clearly at that point Porcello had nothing. Of course, if Castellanos didnt suck donkey dick on defense, it still would have been 4-0 after 4, but thats beside the point.

But, since our manager is a FUCKING MORON, he not only kept porcello in too long, but he used some shitty pitchers who let the game get away before we could get back in it. Jim Johnson should not pitch unless we are up or down by 8. He's terrible. Ryan is a rookie and had zero business being in the game when it was still winnable and Sanchez was available and ready to go. There is zero excuse for not using Sanchez as the first reliever tonight, and it helped cost us the game.

Last edited:
Absolutely 0 logic or reason to anything you just said.

color me surprised.

You are very welcome to rebuttal with reasoning as to how the offense was just as capable of winning the game being down 6-0 early. Maybe you can fetch the stats on probability in that situation, since you want to argue it. However, I don't need stats to tell me that a 6 run deficit mostly ends in a loss, no matter what time of game.

I would have pulled Porcello after the third inning and put Sanchez in. That was the turning point in the game. Gotta keep it at 4-0, and clearly at that point Porcello had nothing. Of course, if Castellanos didnt suck donkey dick on defense, it still would have been 4-0 after 4, but thats beside the point.

But, since our manager is a FUCKING MORON, he not only kept porcello in too long, but he used some shitty pitchers who let the game get away before we could get back in it. Jim Johnson should not pitch unless we are up or down by 8. He's terrible. Ryan is a rookie and had zero business being in the game when it was still winnable and Sanchez was available and ready to go. There is zero excuse for not using Sanchez as the first reliever tonight, and it helped cost us the game.

I agree. Porcello was shot but there was a lot of game left.Why wait to bring in Sanchez when the game was over,when he had a chance to come in and hold them earlier.

Last edited:
Back