Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

My take on the Tigers' ALDS

tomdalton22

I was on golf trip during the ALDS so I wasn't able to comment in the game threads.

Game 1. Scherzer was bad and of course the Joba was TERRIBLE but the error by Romine was the root cause of the huge inning by Baltimore. If I remember correctly that would have been the 2nd out of the inning. At that point the Tigers were down 5-3 but Baltimore scored 7 more runs in the inning after the error. Make that routine play and they may have gotten out of the inning only being down 2 but probably still lose the game.

Game 2. JV was shitty only going 5 innings but better than Max the day before. Sanchez was good and of course Joba sucked! Miggy getting thrown out at home was HUGE! I was at a bar watching the game and still don't know if he ran the stop sign or was waved home but I knew he was going to be out by a mile. TERRIBLE PLAY! To me one thing stood out was the fact that Baltimore had D Young on the bench as an option to pinch hit vs. a guy like Hernan Perez. Nice work DD!

The Tigers should have won this game.

Game 3. Price was good. Hitters didn't show up. When Perez is pinch hitting in a do or die moment in the game you have a shitty bench!

My overall thoughts...the bull pen did what we ALL thought they would do prior to and throughout the season...they blew!

Back