Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

No QB controversy

LuciousGameWinner

According to Dantonio. That ruined my Tuesday morning. I don't see how anyone can justify keeping him as the starter. If he comes out struggling against Indiana does he get pulled?

You would hope so, but like we talked about in the Wisconsin thread, these next few games are the perfect opportunity for him to look better than he is. On the plus side, if he can improve, he has a stretch of games that will give him a chance to grow before facing a tough opponent.

Again, I find it hard to believe that he is that much better than Lewerke or others and if he's not, why not play for now and the future? We could be in a situation where we struggle with him all year and then go through the same thing next year with another inexperienced guy.

While I do think he most likely gives us the best chance to win, that doesn't mean I think highly of him at this point. I think he's on a shorter leash this week. If he struggles early against Indiana I would not be shocked in the least to see Lewerke come in in relief.

The question for me is how much better of a chance does he give us? if it's not a big difference, I'd be happy to see someone else get a few series - I doubt anyone is going to look bad against IU.

The question for me is how much better of a chance does he give us? if it's not a big difference, I'd be happy to see someone else get a few series - I doubt anyone is going to look bad against IU.

I'm with you Mack. How much of a drop off is there really between Lewerke and O'Connor? Hell even Deweaver, wasn't he praised throughout camp?

I didnt see the last game so im sure my opinion might differ but I think O'connor needs the start. If hes throwing pics and not getting the job done first half against IU, you make the switch after halftime. The fact is we lost some key players last year and its showing this year. I expected it so it isnt a surprise to me. I think were going to win a couple meaningful games a blow a few we shouldnt this year. Id be happy with 8-4.

I'd be ok with 8-4 if there is evidence the coaches are trying to fix things and putting players in the beat position to win. for example, not going into prevent defense and ball control offence w/ 19 minutes left and yanking QBs that throw multiple picks bc they never saw wide open guys. if we go 8-4 doing the things we are doing, I'll be disappointed on many levels - mostly because we're not winning and not setting up to win next year either.

Last edited:
Back