Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official MICHIGAN vs Wisconsin Score Prediction Thread

TheVictors

Congratulations to my son for his score prediction in the Penn State game thread, nailing the Nittany Lions total of 10pts and for just missing on MICHIGAN by 1 …props to his Pops as well for being a few points shy for UM and close on PSU too. Well, on to Wisconsin ….

For the first time since 2010 the MICHIGAN WOLVERINES take on the mighty Badgers of Wisconsin, renewing what had become a bit of a rivalry between the two programs. MICHIGAN has historically dominated the series, posting a (49-14-1) all-time record vs. Wisconsin which includes a run of winning 29 out of 32 games from 1963 to 2005, but managing only a (2-4) mark versus the Badgers since 2005.

Boasting an unblemished (4-0) record coming into Ann Arbor this Saturday, the Badgers have been one of the season’s biggest surprises with their week one win over the almighty SEC foe LSU Tigers and then last week, waltzing into East Lansing and absolutely manhandling the then #11 ranked Sparties.

Wisconsin, now ranked #8 in the nation comes into the game to face the (4-0) #4 ranked Wolverines in a battle of big, physical Top 10 programs in a throwback game that would make Bo smile. Averaging 52ppg on Offense, it has been the special teams and Defense that has lead Michigan for the most part and until the offense broke out a bit last week against Penn State.

Although the match up on paper seems close and the teams each boast Top 10 rankings, the odds makers don’t see it that way and have the home team favored – MICHIGAN -10 with an Over/Under of 45 total points.

I don’t know about the rest of the MICHIGAN fan base, but this is one of the biggest games in a while for the program to me and perhaps the biggest under Harbaugh outside of the traditional rivals. A win on Saturday vicariously defeats LSU and MSU and solidifies MICHIGAN rightfully in the bigger picture...at least for now. A Badger win likely sends that program into the playoff conversation and sets them up very well in the softer, west side of the Conference.

So go ahead and post your predictions with some supportive analysis if you wish, but leave the woofing and barking for other threads.

zim.FBC_.vsWisconsin.11-14-09.006.jpg

Last edited:
Lets me finish your post to give posters a little perspective.

We got our asses fucking kicked in 2010. James White had 23 carries for 181yds and Montee Ball had 29 carries for 173 yds. Because our defense was so Rich Rodded, the Badgers ran the ball 29 straight times in the 2nd half enroute to a 48-28 beatdown. Jim Harbaugh is not a dumb Michigan Alum. He knows of this last meeting and will remind the team that it is payback time.

Michigan 45
Wisconsin 13

Paid in Full

I just think Michigan matches up well against Wisconsin. Our defense is designed to stop their sort of vanilla offense. Speight may have to do a bit more though because Wisconsin's D also looks legit.

24-14 Michigan

I am hoping that this will be like the Northwestern game last year. But, I think it will be a real test for Michigan. Tough game but Michigan wins. Michigan 35 - Wiscy 20.

34-10 Michigan wins. Speight shreds the pass defense after the WRs explode. Chesson is due for a big game.

After the win, all of Maize and Blue Nation's hopes are up. Experts tweet about how wrong they were about us being overrated and that Jim Harbaugh has a championship caliber team. Later that night, MSU gets lit up by Indiana and suddenly our big win came against an overrated team who has only beaten other overrated teams. Booooo.

Lets me finish your post to give posters a little perspective.

We got our asses fucking kicked in 2010. James White had 23 carries for 181yds and Montee Ball had 29 carries for 173 yds. Because our defense was so Rich Rodded, the Badgers ran the ball 29 straight times in the 2nd half enroute to a 48-28 beatdown. Jim Harbaugh is not a dumb Michigan Alum. He knows of this last meeting and will remind the team that it is payback time.

Michigan 45
Wisconsin 13

Paid in Full

best tOfficial Prediction Thread reply ever ...

We win when I'm in the stadium against Wisconsin. Sure it's only two games, but that's enough to establish it as absolute fact. 2006 we won 27-13. 2008, with us handicapped by RR, we won 27-25. I feel like we put up more than 27 when I'm there this Saturday. Georgia State had two WRs go for 131 yards and 93 yards. Their QB was 20/29 for 269 yds, 1 TD, and no picks. I have this feeling that our WRs, TEs, and Speight are tad bit better than GA State's. Just a hunch.

Michigan - 31
Wisconsin - 13

M 34
W 17

We get 14 points from special teams.
Peppers for Heisman

31 - 17 Michigan

One of those Badger TDs won't be the D's fault

28-10 UM

Probably 10-10 at the half but the offense is just to much and the defense forces enough 3 and outs to wear down that Badger defense, and they start to slow down in the late 3rd.

Back