Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

KC celebrating like they already won it..

I did watch some of MLB post game last night..I was hoping they would mention Lolich but I do not think they did... Frustrating maybe ESPN did?

I watched about 5 innings last night so I saw all of the scoring and DVR'd the rest. I fast forwarded through the 6th to 8th and watched the 9th during my morning workout, I didn't know what the results were. Thank god for DVR, that game was painfully long. I didn't catch any of the post game though, just happened to hear Lolich mentioned on the radio today.

They did say that MB's performance wasn't hands down the most memorable but it deserved to be mentioned with the others.

Trying to put words in my mouth? It has nothing to with hate or feeling better as Tigers fan. Just like rooting against MSU or OSU, you want them to lose. You would root for the Indians, White Sox? Well good for you..

No not trying to put words in your mouth at all. Again MSU and OSU are on a completely different level of rivalry for me than the Kansas City Royals...and I said in my post that I would NOT root for the Indians or White Sox :) All of those teams (MSU, OSU, Packers, Bears, Indians, White Sox) I have a strong dislike for.

I just don't really have a huge dislike of the Royals even though they are in our division. Time may change my opinion if they start winning divisions over us.

Watched most of Game 7 last might and had seen some of the previous 6. Didn't watch any of the AL/NL DS or CS games. Was thinking that if the Tigers had played in fewer postseasons over the past 10 years, but had won a WS or two, that if the Rpyals had won last night, their WS championship might jave been easier to stomach as a fan of a division rival. Although the Giants won the WS, for the 3rd time in 5 years...at least the Royals managed to take it down to the "wire" and lost a snug Game 7, and did not get humilliated, or swept. and embarassed...unlike...ahem...certain other teams in the ALCD have in the postseason ever since the turn of the century.

I guess 45 minutes after the game MLB took the win away from Madison and gave it to Jeremy Affeldt so at least we still have Lolich's 3 world series wins ..LOL I have always wanted Affeldt .. Such a good lefty short guy...

Back