Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

AL Playoff Thread 2014

I don't care about KC's schedule...the Tigers need to take care of their own business first or it won't matter.

Oh. OK. Then why post any schedule? You kind of responded the way I thought about your post.

Because Detroit's schedule is the only one we should be worrying about now. I'll care about who KCs playing if it's the last week of the season and both teams are close.

Updated

Detroit has sole possession of the 2nd wild card spot again

Updated

Seattle has moved into the second WC spot, 0.5 game up of Detroit

Updated

LA has tied Oakland for the AL West lead. If the season ended today, LA would play at Oakland in a one-game playoff to determine the AL West winner, the loser would host the Wild Card Play-in game.

Detroit has reclaimed the 2nd wild card spot.

As I see it currently. I think we are looking at an Angels, Nationals World Series.

As I see it currently. I think we are looking at an Angels, Nationals World Series.

Wouldn't that be a pleasant sight for Tigers fans.......watching Doug Fister start Game 2 of the Series.

Updated

Oakland and LA still tied atop the AL West

Seattle takes back the 2nd wild card spot

Added a small section to remaining schedules

Games Left Against Top 6 AL Teams
Oakland
10 - LA Angels
6 - Seattle

LA Angels
10 - Oakland
7 - Seattle

Baltimore
None

KC
6 - Detroit

Seattle
6 - Oakland
7 - LA Angels
(NL) 3 - Washington

Detroit
6 - KC
(NL) 3 - San Francisco

With all the AL West battles left to go, I think it's possible that Baltimore could end up as the #1 seed in the AL, they're currently 2 back of LA/Oakland.

Updated

LA takes the AL West lead and is now the top seed in the AL. Seattle's loss puts them in a tie for the 2nd wild card spot with Detroit.

Man, who would have thought 3 teams from the AL west might get in this year and none of them would be Texas?

Except the bullpen keeps blowing. Team is doomed

Updated

Detroit is now in the 2nd wild card lead with a 1 game advantage over Seattle

Updated

Seattle moves into the 2nd WC spot

A's win the first game of their series against the Angels

Texas is the first team to reach a single digit elimination number

Re-did the remaining schedules a little bit

Notable Series Between Top 6 AL Teams

Aug. 22-24: LA Angels @ Oakland
Aug. 28-31: Oakland @ LA Angels
Aug. 29-31: Washington @ Seattle (NL)
Sept. 1-3: Seattle @ Oakland
Sept. 5-7: SF @ Detroit (NL)
Sept. 8-10: KC @ Detroit
Sept. 12-14: Oakland @ Seattle
Sept. 15-18: Seattle @ LA Angels
Sept. 19-21: Detroit @ KC
Sept. 22-24: LA Angels @ Oakland
Sept. 26-28: LA Angels @ Seattle

Updated

LA and Oakland are tied again for the AL West lead, they play the last game of their series today.

Back