Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

So wtf, are we really depending on Lobstein???

djcox2112

I know he has done a wonderful job for us this year... Probably been our best starter in the month of September. How many people thought that our season would depend on Kyle...
If he doesn't pitch a great game tomorrow against the fucking last place twins, do we feel comfortable with Price on Sunday. They ripped him the last time...

No real choice at this point. Sanchez isnt stretched out enough to start, no one else can pitch on normal rest, and given Price's up and down stuff recently, I would not start him on short rest (and then we'd still need a starter Sunday.)

This will either work out OK or be Alfredo Figaro 2.0. IMO, Ausmus is by far our biggest problem. We FINALLY have healthy, good bullpen options in guys like Sanchez and Soria, and he refuses to use him when we should. The loss tonight was largely on him. Did many of our pitchers pitch well? No, but aside from Porcello, the rest are basically expected to suck. There is ZERO excuse for him not using Sanchez immediately after Porcello. If we win anything this year, it will be despite Ausmus.

No real choice at this point. Sanchez isnt stretched out enough to start, no one else can pitch on normal rest, and given Price's up and down stuff recently, I would not start him on short rest (and then we'd still need a starter Sunday.)

This will either work out OK or be Alfredo Figaro 2.0. IMO, Ausmus is by far our biggest problem. We FINALLY have healthy, good bullpen options in guys like Sanchez and Soria, and he refuses to use him when we should. The loss tonight was largely on him. Did many of our pitchers pitch well? No, but aside from Porcello, the rest are basically expected to suck. There is ZERO excuse for him not using Sanchez immediately after Porcello. If we win anything this year, it will be despite Ausmus.

you are on crack if you think that loss was "largely" on Ausmus!

The season does not depend on Kyle Lobstein. Obviously a win would be nice, but the season will go on regardless of the outcome. He's done fairly well for us too, so I feel fine about him starting tonight.

Heading into the series it was the Porcello start I was most worried about, and that's come to pass. He just has not been right this whole month. It's too bad because he had such a great season up until this point.

I saw this coming a week ago when rotations were announced. Put him on a very short leash and have Anibal ready. Can you handle that, Brad?

you are on crack if you think that loss was "largely" on Ausmus!

Crack is delicious. Porcello and Castellanos have huge shares too, but Johnson and Ryan should be expected to suck. They had no business being in a winnable game when we're still trying to win the fucking division.

I saw this coming a week ago when rotations were announced. Put him on a very short leash and have Anibal ready. Can you handle that, Brad?
He almost certainly can't. I'd bet that if Lobstein falters he'll bring in Ray before he brought in Sanchez. Sanchez might not even pitch tomorrow no matter what, Dumbass-mus said he's not sure if he'll pitch him in back-to-back games, because 15 stress-free pitches is so exhausting.

Last edited:
Crack is delicious. Porcello and Castellanos have huge shares too, but Johnson and Ryan should be expected to suck. They had no business being in a winnable game when we're still trying to win the fucking division.

He almost certainly can't. I'd bet that if Lobstein falters he'll bring in Ray before he brought in Sanchez. Sanchez might not even pitch tomorrow no matter what, Dumbass-mus said he's not sure if he'll pitch him in back-to-back games, because 15 stress-free pitches is so exhausting.

Error by Nick was big...but Miggy not catching the easy one hop from him was just as bad as the throw.

Porcello sucked...a lot of blame goes to him.

As far as Sanchez...he is an $18M a year starter coming off of an injury. He has never come in a game in a relief situation. He is used to coming into a game with a long warm up (like all starters do). It is smart to NOT use him (in his first appearance) in the middle of an inning or not getting enough warm up time. I have no problem using Ryan in that situation. He was the best option if you are looking for a long reliever.

Bottom line...blaming the manager is weak. The players are the ones that didn't perform.

Batting Don kelly 6th is beyond stupid as many times as has has.... That is all on Brad..

Bottom line...blaming the manager is weak. The players are the ones that didn't perform.

Yes, the players failed.

But the managers job is to put out the best players or at least put them in the best situation to succeed. Last night's game was probably the single worst managed high-importance game I have ever seen. His handling of the bullpen alone was unforgivable.

6-0 was tough, but not game over. Though Brad managed it like it was a spring training game. He gets plenty of blame.

Yes, the players failed.

But the managers job is to put out the best players or at least put them in the best situation to succeed. Last night's game was probably the single worst managed high-importance game I have ever seen. His handling of the bullpen alone was unforgivable.

6-0 was tough, but not game over. Though Brad managed it like it was a spring training game. He gets plenty of blame.

Ryan was fine...long relief. Sanchez was not the right guy to take over for Porcello...they weren't going to have him pitch more than an inning anyway and you have no idea what you would get out of him. It really didn't matter what he did with that bull pen yesterday. Down 6-0 with a shitty pen...you are going to lose that game!

I believe Brad indicated in the post game last night that he would prefer not to use Anibal two nights in a row after just coming back so I'm guessing no Sanchez tonight. The tigers offense needs to get it done off Nalosco tonight, he shut down them through 8 innings last time they faced him, that's not acceptable he's not 8 shut down innings good.

Last edited:
Dartmouth said that Sanchez's use would be dictated by the need to win games. Except for last night, of course. I hate him so much. I 100% want him fired regardless of the outcome of the season.

In Price we trust. And Verlander will start the Wild Card game, if it comes to that. One way or the other we got this. :p

Back