Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers Minor League Notes

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
A few additional notes and quotes on Detroit Tigers pitching prospect Anthony Castro, who a few days ago shared his thoughts on the situation in his native Venezuela:

The right-hander told me he?s topped out at 96 MPH this year, and typically sits 93-94. He described his velocity as ?good, but nothing fantastic like Noah Syndergaard, or Max Scherzer, or Gerrit Cole.? He?s working on a sinker to augment his four-seamer, which gets natural cutting action. He feels his changeup has been better than his curveball in recent outings.

Scherzer is one of his favorite pitchers to watch, largely because of how competitive he is. He?s also a huge fan of Felix Hernandez ? ?one of the best pitchers born in my country? ? who he noted is dealing with health issues.

Castro had Tommy John surgery in May 2015, and returned to the mound in June 2016. He feels he learned a lot during his recovery period by closely watching big-league pitchers. He paid attention to ?all the little details,? focusing more on failure than success. Castro opined that ?It?s no use when they throw a no hitter or a perfect game. I like to know what the people who are making a lot of millions do when they have bad outings.?

Fangraphs

https://www.minorleagueball.com/201...view-detroit-tigers-top-20-prospects-for-2017
Detroit Tigers Top 20 prospects for 2017: Mid-season review.
How did the Tigers pre-season prospect list turn out?
MinorLeagueBall

We continue our mid-season organization reviews with a look at the Detroit Tigers Top 20 Prospects from the beginning of 2017. The index for other team reviews can be found here.

THIS IS A REVIEW OF THE OLD LIST.

THIS IS NOT A NEW LIST.

THESE ARE NOT NEW GRADES.

Back