Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. Orioles game 4 April 5th 2014

few more outings like that for Coke,and he's gone.

I'd rather him shit the bed now and be done with him rather than do well now, fool us, and shit the bed when it really matters. I'm sure most would agree.

Props to the 7-9 hitters for showing up big. Someone made a comment earlier in the game that it was the worst bottom of the order ever or something like that. Best flavor of crow is that which is served after a Tigers win.

Updated stat for #Tigers ...
Last 4-0 start: Today
Last 5-0 start: 2006.
Last 6-0 start: 1985.
Last 7-0 start (also 8-0, 9-0): 1984.

hate to see the board, after our 1st loss. lol

I think the bullpen was gonna get this board to blow up eventually. It was the one part of the team that pretty much everyone agreed was sketchy going in.

I'm waiting for the few posters that only post to bitch, to show up when the offense goes into our first slump. That's always fun.

We're 4-0. That feels pretty good. Offense looks good early on, which is a good sign. Love the stolen bases and the energy of the offense.. seems like an entire different type of attack.

How much did we pay for Nathan? 2 for 20million, better get that 6.75 ERA under control or this board explodes.

Props to the 7-9 hitters for showing up big. Someone made a comment earlier in the game that it was the worst bottom of the order ever or something like that. Best flavor of crow is that which is served after a Tigers win.

Nice to see that the bottom of the line up has produced in all 4 games so far.

Went from an easy win to are you fucking kidding me? This bullpen just can't be trusted....again. Sadly we all already knew that.

We're 4-0. That feels pretty good. Offense looks good early on, which is a good sign. Love the stolen bases and the energy of the offense.. seems like an entire different type of attack.

It's still the long ball that's won us the last few. Hunter today, Davis, Hunter and Miggy yesterday.

Half of our runs (11 of 22) have been a result of homeruns. And 9 of 17 vs. the O's

It's still the long ball that's won us the last few. Hunter today, Davis, Hunter and Miggy yesterday.

Half of our runs (11 of 22) have been a result of homeruns. And 9 of 17 vs. the O's

We have shown ourselves to be much more aggressive on the basepaths so far though, which I think is a good thing. Maybe a little too aggressive early on (Nick C. being thrown out twice on poor plays). Having one less station to station runner just feels like a weight has been lifted off the team. All 3 guys scored on Hunter's double today for example. It just feels more versatile.

Last edited:
We have shown ourselves to be much more aggressive on the basepaths so far though, which I think is a good thing. Maybe a little too aggressive early on (Nick C. being thrown out twice on poor plays). Having one less station to station runner just feels like a weight has been lifted off the team. All 3 guys scored on Hunter's double today for example. It just feels more versatile.

This^. I've also noticed that opposing pitchers are paying more attention to our base runners, which always seems to give the hitter an advantage. A pitcher is more vulnerable to throwing fastballs in that situation.

Okay, so how does 5 swings and misses equate to greater strikeout potential when his slider was the biggest issue leading up to his 'career' year of 2013? Sorry, but after finally having success, why would Rick go back to a pitch he scrapped completely? I understand if he uses it only 5% of the time, and less than his curveball, but 10 out of 93 pitches i just under 11% of the time. This has me scratching my head. The only reason this worked last night is because the Orioles thought he'd scrapped it.. when teams see he's throwing it again, he'll get lit up like before. Try working on a different pitch like a slurve maybe.

Okay, so how does 5 swings and misses equate to greater strikeout potential when his slider was the biggest issue leading up to his 'career' year of 2013? Sorry, but after finally having success, why would Rick go back to a pitch he scrapped completely? I understand if he uses it only 5% of the time, and less than his curveball, but 10 out of 93 pitches i just under 11% of the time. This has me scratching my head. The only reason this worked last night is because the Orioles thought he'd scrapped it.. when teams see he's throwing it again, he'll get lit up like before. Try working on a different pitch like a slurve maybe.

I think a pitch can be effective if you only throw it 11% of the time. If a batter isn't looking for it (due to lack of use). Just one more thing for the batter to have to think about.

Back