Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 6: Tigers @ Dodgers, April 8th

Coke ain't worth a shit we all know,I can accept that.but the way Davis lally-gaged, after the ball went by him.

Because he knew once it got past him even speed racer wasn't going to get the ball in time to get Figgens.

Based on the reason they got Davis was to platoon vs. LHP. Davis cannot hit RHP worth a damn. Against RH starters his career OPS is .638, his career OBP is sub .300 Essentially the same numbers Don Kelly has for his career.

At least with Collins you have split advantage, or even Castellanos would have been a better idea, no worse in the OF than Davis and likely a much better hitter.

Collins shouldn't even be on this team. He hit a few doubles in spring training and he is LH so they thought he was a fit. Again....the bench and farm system is pathetic because the Tigers have been all in on winning a WS and paying 4 or 5 guys 60% of their payroll.

Collins shouldn't even be on this team. He hit a few doubles in spring training and he is LH so they thought he was a fit. Again....the bench and farm system is pathetic because the Tigers have been all in on winning a WS and paying 4 or 5 guys 60% of their payroll.

He also has an .800 career OPS in the minors. And he fills the roles we need, LH bat with some power, and a 4th outfielder. Also a "few doubles" which were actually 3, along with 3 triples and 3 home runs.

Plus, he makes almost no money, geez Tom, I'd have figured you would be sporting wood over that fact alone.

tom's opinion is usually whichever one is the opposite of you and reb.

I like Collins, but I'd rather see him play everyday in the minors vs spot duty in the bigs. Seems that this has been the norm for us the last decade or so. Why don't we finally let one of these kids fully develop before bringing him up.

I like Collins, but I'd rather see him play everyday in the minors vs spot duty in the bigs. Seems that this has been the norm for us the last decade or so. Why don't we finally let one of these kids fully develop before bringing him up.

Normally I'd agree, except that hes the best option we have for LF right now. He should be getting most of the starts, all of the ones vs RHP, which would give him a good amt of PAs. For whatever reason, he's stuck on the bench most days.

Normally I'd agree, except that hes the best option we have for LF right now. He should be getting most of the starts, all of the ones vs RHP, which would give him a good amt of PAs. For whatever reason, he's stuck on the bench most days.

Not sure DD wants to see 5.5 million that he just spent sitting on the bench though

Not sure DD wants to see 5.5 million that he just spent sitting on the bench though

meh. DD can suck it up, he's the idiot that paid Davis that much to be the weak half of a platoon that has 2 weak halves instead of getting a real LF like he should have.

Last edited:
He also has an .800 career OPS in the minors. And he fills the roles we need, LH bat with some power, and a 4th outfielder. Also a "few doubles" which were actually 3, along with 3 triples and 3 home runs.

Plus, he makes almost no money, geez Tom, I'd have figured you would be sporting wood over that fact alone.[/QUOTE]

lol...that I agree with!

Back