Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Avisail Garcia out for the year

LOL then you compared the playoffs to spring training HAHAHAHAHA And your other "point" you were trying to make that we have to get to the playoffs first..... I'll argue even at the end of the regular season when Prince has "better" numbers, that Kinsler still gave us the better shot at winning due to his defense and abilities on the base pass.

Last edited:
Proved your point??? You said Whitaker's stats were "lousy". I pointed out they weren't. Put a guy that averages a run a game in my lineup all day long!!

So it's ok for you to constantly try to "correct" people, but anytime somebody calls your posts into question it's wrong?

You are far too sensitive for message boards

Runs are not a individual stat, they are a product of the team. And compared to his regular season stats, they were lousy.

Tell me exactly how you corrected me. Please enlighten this board with some more of your baseball knowledge.

And please please tell me how me posting any stats to back up an argument is "correcting" people. Oh, I got it, because it counters their "because I say so" argument.

Good day.

LOL then you compared the playoffs to spring training HAHAHAHAHA And your other "point" you were trying to make that we have to get to the playoffs first..... I'll argue even at the end of the regular season when Prince has "better" numbers, that Kinsler still gave us the better shot at winning due to his defense and abilities on the base pass.

Sorry, but you lose if you think Kinsler is better because of his below average 2B defense and below average OBP away from hitter friendly TEX.

Sorry, but you lose if you think Kinsler is better because of his below average 2B defense and below average OBP away from hitter friendly TEX.

Even his "below" average defense is leaps and bounds beyond Fielders terrible defense and who gives a shit about his stats at home in TEX, he is not in fucking Texas anymore, new scenery might have just rejuvenated the guy. I like the start he is having even though his OBP is only .333 right now, but hey like you say, limited sample size.... But I mean how can debate something with someone who is never wrong?

Even his "below" average defense is leaps and bounds beyond Fielders terrible defense and who gives a shit about his stats at home in TEX, he is not in fucking Texas anymore, new scenery might have just rejuvenated the guy. I like the start he is having even though his OBP is only .333 right now, but hey like you say, limited sample size.... But I mean how can debate something with someone who is never wrong?

His defense didn't replace Fielders though, it replaced Infante's. You can't compare apples to bananas.

As far as player value Kinsler does not = Fielder. No matter how much you moan about 2013, or his defense.

Depends on his 2014 season. Maybe last year in Detroit was the beginning of the end for Prince.

Can't anyone just let things play out before we start debating "who's better??" Let's see how the season goes then we will know for sure. Good lord.

It's just a discussion ..

Yeah but it's a discussion that has been going on pretty much non-stop since the Fielder trade, and at times gets pretty heated. We all pretty much know where everyone stands on Fielder vs. Kinsler. Let's see how they perform now.

Back