Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bruce Rondon out for the season

That decision not to pick up Veras`s option is looking pretty dumb now

Veras blew it in the ALCS. I am suspecting he pissed off Mr I. After Ryan Perry blew it in the ALCS against the Rangers he was traded in the off season to the Nationals.

Benoit gave up the huge Home Run to Big Poppy in the ALCS - Not Resigned

Veras blew it in the ALCS. I am suspecting he pissed off Mr I. After Ryan Perry blew it in the ALCS against the Rangers he was traded in the off season to the Nationals.

Benoit gave up the huge Home Run to Big Poppy in the ALCS - Not Resigned

You really think they decided to let Benoit go because of 1 pitch, as good as he was for us over his time here?

And Veras....name me another pitcher of his quality that could have been had for that cheap in an already vacant bullpen, who cares what he did in the ALCS.

And I don't think the ALCS vs. the Rangers was the reason we dumped Ryan Perry either, it was likely because he was never going to have a role in our organization. Similar to Schlereth, just never met his projections.

Where are all those Major League Ready arms that DD was pontificating about a couple of years ago??

Where are all those Major League Ready arms that DD was pontificating about a couple of years ago??

this is what DD was doing when he was talking about all those arms:

jack-nicholson-flew-over-the-cuckoo.gif

Last edited:
Saw this on BYB and thought it was a good descriptor about how ive felt about the Tigers' offseason and spring training:

tumblr_m6td1lQoKv1qcwic6.gif

Last edited:
Saw this on BYB and thought it was a good descriptor about how ive felt about the Tigers' offseason and spring training:

tumblr_m6td1lQoKv1qcwic6.gif

Spockmaster, I don't know whether to laugh more or agree with it more.
The Gif/tumblr pretty much sums up how I've felt since October. Watching player leave and not signed, to the trade of Fister, and the horse crap bullpen signings, and all these friggin' injuries.

Guys the window is closed tigers on the decline lions on the rise...jmo I don't think the tigers take the central this year at all...3rd place finish barely above .500

Thank GOD we are in the Central. Here is how great our Top 5 GM is...

Smyly replaces Fister - downgrade
Krol replaces Smyly - downgrade
Lombardozi or Kelly replaces DirKs - downgrade
Davis replaces no one or could be seen as Garcia - downgrade
Nathan replaces Benoit - push
AA player replaces Peralta - downgrade
Casty replaces Miggy - downgrade
Miggy replaces Fielder - upgrade
kinsler replaces infante - push
worth or someone replaces santiago - downgrade
Putkonen or Reed replace Veras - downgrade
Coke still on the team - downgrade
AL AL still on the team - downgrade

I hate to be Negative Nelly when it comes to my Tigers but this has the making of a sub .500 club. We sure are fast!

Last edited:
only downgrade i disagree with is worth/whoever over santiago. santiago sucks ass, its at worst a push. otherwise, fucking yes on everything else (though i dont think we're a .500 club yet.)

Last edited:
Back