Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 2: Royals @ Tigers Thread

grandy

Royals
1. Aoki, RF
2. Infante, 2B
3. Hosmer, 1B
4. Butler, DH
5. Gordon, LF
6. Perez, C
7. Moustakas, 3B
8. Cain, CF
9. Escobar, SS

SP - Vargas (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

Tigers
1. Kinsler, 2B
2. Collins, LF
3. Cabrera, 1B
4. Martinez, DH
5. Hunter, RF
6. Jackson, CF
7. Avila, C
8. Castellanos, 3B
9. Gonzalez, SS

SP - Scherzer (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

MLB Gameday
ESPN Game Preview
Vargas vs. Detroit
Scherzer vs. KC

Last edited:
I might be able to catch the last couple innings I hope.

Ill be stuck at work the whole game again. Glad to see Ausmus paying attention to large-sample size platoon splits, as Collins has crazy reverse splits (like .976 OPS vs LHP in Toledo last year) and lefties tend to hit Vargas fairly well. I don't mind him making his debut in the 2-hole either, since he has a decent walk rate, unlike Hunter who has decided that walks are pointless the last few years.

Ill be stuck at work the whole game again. Glad to see Ausmus paying attention to large-sample size platoon splits, as Collins has crazy reverse splits (like .976 OPS vs LHP in Toledo last year) and lefties tend to hit Vargas fairly well. I don't mind him making his debut in the 2-hole either, since he has a decent walk rate, unlike Hunter who has decided that walks are pointless the last few years.

Collins played in Erie last year and yes, he had an .953 OPS versus LHP. But he was more traditional in 2012 in Lakeland, with only .719 OPS versus LHP (.841 vs RHP).

I am hoping Collins gets more ABs than both Davis and Hunter over the year.

Erie, my bad. But yeah, I do too. He has more upside at this point if he proves he can hit up here.

Collins played in Erie last year and yes, he had an .953 OPS versus LHP. But he was more traditional in 2012 in Lakeland, with only .719 OPS versus LHP (.841 vs RHP).

I am hoping Collins gets more ABs than both Davis and Hunter over the year.

I can see Davis but Hunter too?

Max is yanking the fuck out of the ball early.

I can see Davis but Hunter too?

He didn't say it was realistic but that he hoped he would. Hunter is old, Collins is young. If Collins is getting more that means he's producing.

Every Tiger fan should be hoping for it really.

Wow...swinging on a 3-0 pitch into a double play. There's your gift for the game.

Max gets out of a jam, DP with runners at the corners.

0-0 after half an inning

He didn't say it was realistic but that he hoped he would. Hunter is old, Collins is young. If Collins is getting more that means he's producing.

Every Tiger fan should be hoping for it really.

or it means Torii sucks. I want Collins to be successful but I want both to succeed.

why are we doing a reverse platoon with Davis and Collins?

Another 1-2-3 inning for the Tigers

0-0 after 2

Vargas @ 23 pitches
Max @ 26 pitches

Max appears to have found his arm slot after some horrid control in the 1st.

Royals go down 1-2-3

Max at 39 pitches through 3

0-0 after 2.5

We need hits.... Has Kinsler got a hit yet his year?

Time for a triple...

Back