Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 6: Tigers @ Dodgers, April 8th

spockmaster

Lineups:

Tigers:
Davis - LF (WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK)
Kinsler - 2B
Hunter - RF
Miggy - 3B
VMart - 1B
AJax - CF
Avila - C
Romine - SS
Scherzer - P

Dodgers:
Gordon - 2B
Crawford - LF
Ramirez - SS
Gonzalez - 1B
Ethier - RF
Kemp - CF
Uribe - 3B
Federowicz - C
Haren - P

Gameday: http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/mlb/g...w#gid=2014_04_08_detmlb_lanmlb_1&mode=gameday

So not only is Davis starting against another righty, HES FUCKING LEADING OFF. ugh.

Lineups:

Tigers:
Davis - LF (WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK)
Kinsler - 2B
Hunter - RF
Miggy - 3B
VMart - 1B
AJax - CF
Avila - C
Romine - SS
Scherzer - P

Dodgers:
Gordon - 2B
Crawford - LF
Ramirez - SS
Gonzalez - 1B
Ethier - RF
Kemp - CF
Uribe - 3B
Federowicz - C
Haren - P

Gameday: http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/mlb/g...w#gid=2014_04_08_detmlb_lanmlb_1&mode=gameday

So not only is Davis starting against another righty, HES FUCKING LEADING OFF. ugh.

RHB's have had better success vs Haren the last few years.

I have no problem with Ausmus riding him while he's hitting well vs RHP's

Last edited:
I don't understand moving Cabrera to 3B to keep Vmart in the lineup, but not moving Casty to LF too.

Kill 2 birds with 1 stone, get a hot bat (this will be 2 games off) in the lineup, and get rid of a guy who hardly hits RHP.

I don't understand moving Cabrera to 3B to keep Vmart in the lineup, but not moving Casty to LF too.

Kill 2 birds with 1 stone, get a hot bat (this will be 2 games off) in the lineup, and get rid of a guy who hardly hits RHP.

Probably wanna just keep the kid at 3rd now, but if Don Fucking Kelly can play both....

Scherzer has to bat 9th. Where's really a good spot to bat Davis if not 9th? Leadoff probably makes the most sense even if it's not ideal. I would agree though with Thumb that why not just put Nick C. in LF?

Out of our 7, 8, 9 hitters....who's most likely to get a hit?

I say Scherzer

Scherzer has to bat 9th. Where's really a good spot to bat Davis if not 9th? Leadoff probably makes the most sense even if it's not ideal. I would agree though with Thumb that why not just put Nick C. in LF?

Why does hitting Davis leadoff and giving him more AB's make more sense than hitting him 8th?

But yeah, Nick was hitting good, they sat him in Sundays game for Kelly, now he sits again after an off day.

I might actually be able to watch a few innings of a game finally for the first time this year tonight..lineup is fine has everybody else played like 2-3 games more than the tigers have already what the crap is that

Out of our 7, 8, 9 hitters....who's most likely to get a hit?

I say Scherzer

Avila.

Scherzer will get nothing but fastballs he can't catch up to, and if he fouls one off, he'll get an uncle charlie. The only pitcher we have that I expect to get any hits this year is Porcello.

Why does hitting Davis leadoff and giving him more AB's make more sense than hitting him 8th?

But yeah, Nick was hitting good, they sat him in Sundays game for Kelly, now he sits again after an off day.

Davis is known for speed so hopefully he can get on base at the leadoff spot and cause some havoc for the pitcher while he faces Kinsler/Hunter/Miggy. If he gets on at the 8th spot then the pitcher has to face Scherzer next. Is Scherzer a threat to knock in Davis? Not really. Plus If you hit Davis 8th, then that means Romine is hitting 7th so it's a complete cluster pretty much anyway you decide to do it.

Like I said it's not ideal, but I'd prefer it this way.

I suppose Scherzer will be bunting anyway so maybe Davis 8th works too. Whatever

BTW we have Castellanos, Collins, Gonlalez, and Kelly as PH'ers tonight. I doubt they use Holiday.

Hopefully only Nick and Tyler need to PH, that would mean Max pitches deep.

Avila.

Scherzer will get nothing but fastballs he can't catch up to, and if he fouls one off, he'll get an uncle charlie. The only pitcher we have that I expect to get any hits this year is Porcello.

I wouldn't be shocked if Max got a hit.

He and Porcello both look like Babe Ruth compared to JV and Anibal.

Uh, I have the dodgers feed....it's terrible. Some woman basically said Hanley Ramirez was on the same level as Cabrera as a hitter.

Back