Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2017 NFL Playoffs thread

Can Atlanta play any better? Be interesting to see what the line is for the super bowl now.

I don't like the Falcons but I don't hate them like I do NE, and Pittsburgh.

I don't like the Falcons but I don't hate them like I do NE, and Pittsburgh.

At this point i want to see a good game....i think NE/ATL gives us a better game especially if Bell is out for an extended time. Wouldnt mind seeing Brady win his 5th. Maybe it open up the door for that Madden 17 prophecy of Brady winning his 5th, retiring, and Quin trading Stafford to NE! lol

NFL teams are 3-161-0 since 2008 (Rodgers era) when down by exactly 24 in a third quarter. That counts playoffs.
The Patriots, Lions and Broncos account for the three wins. One of the losses was by Green Bay at Arizona in 2015.

At this point i want to see a good game....i think NE/ATL gives us a better game especially if Bell is out for an extended time. Wouldnt mind seeing Brady win his 5th. Maybe it open up the door for that Madden 17 prophecy of Brady winning his 5th, retiring, and Quin trading Stafford to NE! lol

Yeah maybe that's it, lol. Madden knows.

New england should bench the starters. What if someone gets hurt in a 33 to 9 game .

Just stupid to keep starters in as Brady takes a hit he does not see, and one he sees.

Last edited:
Patriots verses Falcons should be a high scoring game right ?

Jay Kornegay of the Westgate SuperBook says they were going to open the Super Bowl over/under at 57.5 but actually changed at last second and opened at 58.
Offshore books opened between 56.5 and 57 and have been bet up to 57.5. Stratosphere opened at 57.5 while William Hill joined Westgate at 58.

New England remains a 3-point favorite over the Atlanta Falcons at the nine Las Vegas sports books with lines already posted. William is the only one with a line different from the standard 10-percent vig as it's moved to Patriots -3 (-120). Note: offshore books are shading the +3 line toward the Falcons. The over/under is 58 points in Vegas with the Wynn being the first to move to 58.5.
espn

Last edited:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400927750
Patriots - Steelers Boxscore.

2 minute warning;
Tom Brady is up to 384 yards passing versus the Steelers defense tonight. With Pittsburgh leaning on zone coverages, Brady targeted open windows and got the ball out to receivers in space. Tough to limit Brady when you don't challenge the Patriots' WRs at the line of scrimmage and play some man-technique.

The lack of a viable No. 2 receiver on the outside finally caught up to the Steelers, whose supporting cast suffered several drops. Bill Belichick wanted to contain Antonio Brown (seven catches, 77 yards), and with Le'Veon Bell hurt, the Steelers didn't have a response.

espn

I can't stand them but part of me wants the Pats to win as a big fuck you to that piece of shit Roger Goodell

Jay Kornegay of the Westgate SuperBook says they were going to open the Super Bowl over/under at 57.5 but actually changed at last second and opened at 58.
Offshore books opened between 56.5 and 57 and have been bet up to 57.5. Stratosphere opened at 57.5 while William Hill joined Westgate at 58.

New England remains a 3-point favorite over the Atlanta Falcons at the nine Las Vegas sports books with lines already posted. William is the only one with a line different from the standard 10-percent vig as it's moved to Patriots -3 (-120). Note: offshore books are shading the +3 line toward the Falcons. The over/under is 58 points in Vegas with the Wynn being the first to move to 58.5.
espn

I was friends of Jay and went to his wedding in Colorado way back in the early 90's when I worked in vegas . So freaking long ago.

Last edited:
I really do not care who wins.. one minute I want a Michigan qb to by 5-2 in super bowls and the next I want Atlanta to win it's first. In the end it looks like the Patriots have a way better defense so I give them the edge.

Last edited:
Back