Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers Minor League Notes

Tigers prospect Ryan Kreidler may know a few things about position changes, as the longtime shortstop saw Javier Baez suddenly emerge as a roadblock after Baez landed in the Motor City on a six-year, $140MM deal.

While Baez can opt out of that contract after the 2023 season, Kreidler will likely be focusing on other positions in the interim ? he has played a handful of games at third base and second base during his two minor league seasons. ?I will do whatever the Tigers want me to do, whether it?s shortstop, shortstop and third base, or utility?.

?Whatever they deem me capable of doing I will do it to the best of my ability and just keep trucking?I think shortstops have the ability to play all over the field, that?s why continuing to take reps at shortstop is good for me.? After a strong performance at the plate in 2021, Kreidler drew the attention of prospect evaluators and other teams, and now looks like yet another promising young Detroit player on the cusp of the big leagues.

Jonathan Schoop and Jeimer Candelario have second and third base spoken for, and are both also controlled through 2023, so a utility role might indeed be Kreidler?s best path to the Tigers? active roster.

MLBTR

Tigers will hold an intrasquad scrimmage in Joker Marchant Stadium Thursday starting at 10:30 a.m. Gates open at 10. Fans are allowed, no tickets required. No concessions. It's the team's top prospects, not MLB guys.

Back