Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cubs verses Indians 2016 World Series

biggunsbob

Last title for the Cubs 1908. Last appreance 1945.
Last title for the Indians 1948. Last appreance 1997.

Who you rooting for ? It's Cubs for me . I wish Madden and Epstien were Tigers.

Yeah me too Ron. Cleveland being in our divisons Is the trump card.

it's like Nazi Germany vs. North Korea, its a lose-lose scenario anyway I look at this. Thus I won't watch this World Series for the first time since I was 7 years old.

Well, I don't know why I keep rooting each night
I got the feeling that something ain't right
I'm aware that they really might not care,
And I'm wondering how they are gonna fare?

Cubs to the west of me...Indians to the east...here I am, stuck in the off-season with you!!

Yes, I'm stuck in the off-season with you,
And I'm wondering what it is you should do?
It's so hard for you to keep pace in the race,
Losing control, and so far out of first place!!

Cubs to the west of me...Indians to the east...here I am, stuck in the off-season with you!!

Well, you started off with nothing,
But you're proud that you've been something...oh man!!

But you keep stalling in the playoffs when they come calling,
Stab us in the back and we say...
Pulheease...pulheeease...

Trying to make some sense of it all,
But I can see that it makes no sense at all!!

Is it cool to keep knocking on the door?
'Cause I don't think that I can take it anymore!!

Spose its better than SF-StL-Bos...rinse and repeat.

Last edited:
Personally I have watch this post season more them most when the tigers are eliminated. Cubs are so young and fun to watch . I am jelly a bit bemoaning the tigers missed chances from 2006 to now. Rooting for the cubs but it's not like Cleveland baseball fans have not been waiting too. Like had been mentioned though Cleveland fans do not go to baseball games. With this fun young team Cleveland fans just do not attend .. Go Cubs !!!!

Last edited:
Cubs for me, watched the final three outs last night, so cool to see how happy cubs fans where maybe someday we can experience that with the lions

Cubs for me. I live in NE Ohio and most of my friends here are Indians fans. There is no way I can lose my trump card of 1948 vs 1984.

Plus me and my friends are jackasses to each other when it comes to sports and they wouldn't know what to do if I rooted for the Indians.

I am baffled with the proposed addition of Schwarber to the roster. Bad decision for any reason you can think of. .240 hitter. Has not played all season. No defensive capabilities. No live pitching all season. Oh, and 103 RS wins and two post-season series without him. It defies logic.

Last edited:
I am baffled with the proposed addition of Schwarber to the roster. Bad decision for any reason you can think of. .240 hitter. Has not played all season. No defensive capabilities. No live pitching all season. Oh, and 103 RS wins and two post-season series without him. It defies logic.
They must have seen something in simulated games. I assume he dh's in Cleveland and pinch hits in Chicago.

Cubs miss golden opportunity with bases loaded and no outs.
Fail to score .

Schwarber is the first player in mlb history to get his first hit of the season in the world series in his first at bat . Miller just carved him up with two runners on in the 8th. I think I would have used a pinch hitter there but would need to see all the numbers. This feels like a Theo move saying I am smarter then the other guys. Miller 45 pitches.

Last edited:
Tribe number 9 hitter breaks it open with a 3 run bomb.
6-0 Cleveland.

I think the broadcast said 12 out of the last 13 World Series winners have won the first game of the series dating back to 2002 it's 12-2 if I did it right . 2002 giants verses Anaheim, and 2009 Phillies verses Yankees.

Last edited:
Back