Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Oklahoma tornado. Wow at the pics

I m in another board with some okla folks

They are okay but one still has not located his dad and aunt

One was missing aunt but she was Okayama- was at Walmart and they had people get in the freezers

The schoos are horrible - they went to probably te safest place in building but the degree if devastation shows nothing was safe if in its path

Was 2 miles wide and on the ground for 40 minutes

Officials describe their efforts as Recovery as opposed to Rescue.

And more tornados expected.

Very sad. Hurricanes are bad, but a tornado gives so little warning.

never mind. my tornado map was shit. Whoever heard of a tornado striking Detroit?

this one makes more sense:

Tornado_Alley.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Terrible devastation and loss of life. I hope they can find some still alive in the debris as they search. Keeping them in my thoughts today.

was reading the destruction of the school.

reminds me of when we had to do tornado drills in grade school... always a eerie feeling, with everyone lined up against the lockers, on their knees with their hands covering the back of their head.

I always thought tornado drills were a damn waste of time.

Just a couple of weeks ago, some "expert" was on tv talking about how this year was so rare in that we had had so few tornadoes...fucking dumbass!

never mind. my tornado map was shit. Whoever heard of a tornado striking Detroit?

this one makes more sense:

Tornado_Alley.gif

I'd imagine most of the ones in Michigan are of the F3 variety. And I wonder what is considered a tornado, does it need to touch down? I remember a few years ago there was a funnel that did everything but touch down around Detroit somewhere.

Back