Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 88 Tigers vs. bluejays July 14, 2017

You're right. so it's the mlb extra innings causing the low volume.

Yea its pissing me off , i even tried to restart the system but didnt work . Hopefully its one day only , i see they have a free preview going on , maybe that has something to do with it i dunno ...grrrrr

Why does brad not PH lefty for RH, just becuase you're down five with two outs to go doesn't make it ok to check out and stop managing

What's it going to take for this clown to get fired

And this ballgame is OVAH ....my best Hawk Harrelson voice . Good effort boys , we'll get em tomorrow !! lol

Tigers pitchers walked a season-high 10 batters, including nine in the sixth inning or later.

On offense, they managed only one extra-base hit.

Verlander good, but not good enough to leave enough cover for wobbly bullpen as Tigers fall 10 games below .500
Justin Verlander continued to struggle with efficiency. He got through only 5 1/3 innings on 114 pitches. 2 earned runs, 5 K's.
Verlander, showed his change-up in earnest for the first time in a long time. His velocity was fine, his breaking stuff good, but the trend of being unable to put away hitters continued.
The Tigers scored two runs or fewer in five of his first 18 starts this season. And, he left after 5 1/3 innings trailing 2-1.

The re-sodded outfield grass didn't appear to play a role in the game on Friday night. There were no strange hops. No outfielders tripped. Aside from aesthetics, everything was like normal at Comerica Park.

Blue Jays left fielder Steve Pearce broke the scoreless tie by hitting a 2-0 fastball to left field to lead off the fifth. Toronto added a second run, this one unearned, when J.D. Martinez dropped a fly ball in right.

The Tigers got on the board with an unearned run in the fifth thanks to Jay third baseman Josh Donaldson's throwing error.

Tigers reliever Warwick Saupold's 27-inning streak without allowing a home run ended when Jose Bautista led off the seventh with a blast to left. Saupold hadn't surrendered a home run since giving up three in a relief outing April 20 at Tampa Bay.

Tigers stand 8 1/2 games back in the American League Central Division and 6 1/2 games out of the league’s second wild card spot.

Tigers pitchers walked a season-high 10 batters on the night, two with the bases loaded, seven by the bullpen from the end of the sixth through the ninth.
They also threw more than 200 pitches for the second time this season.

Left-hander Blaine Hardy walked three in a three-run eighth, including Russell Martin with the bases loaded. Then, on a 3-2 pitch, he gave up a two-run single to Donaldson.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/blue-ja...448#game_state=final,game_tab=box,game=491448
Boxscore.

Roars
Justin Upton’s two singles and a walk were somewhat roar-worthy.
Andrew Romine doubled and added a solo shot in the bottom of the ninth, filling in admirably for Ian Kinsler.

Hisses
Blaine Hardy: No further explanation needed.

Miguel Cabrera: Another five LOBsters as the big man continues to struggle to produce with runners on.

Nick Castellanos: Made a few nice plays at third, but another listless 0-for-4 on the night.

Stats and Info
As a staff, the Tigers threw a staggering 220 pitches, their most in a game since 2004.
Ten walks from Tigers’ pitching tonight set a new season high. It marked the fourth game in which the staff has walked eight or more hitters.
The high times are over, Rich Dubee.

Last edited:
I went to bed when Cabrera hit the out on 3-0! When your best does the worst thing possible at the plate it's over. One of two things are happing. either the coaches are not coaching or the players are not listening. One thing for sure someone on the wrong page/team! In fact it could be me, thinking things will change and keep watching. For this team is a poor fundamental team. I'm a thinking it's the players more so, poor base running, bad fielding, terrible pitching at times, ie 0-2 and throw it down the middle, swinging 3-0 when not hitting .300, when behind. A person could go on and on. So the insane theory is somewhat broken watching this team over and over thinking something will change. I will get up in the morning look in the mirror tell myself it's not Mel Brooks movie, it's just another Tiger loss morning.

Since April 25th, only 2 MLB teams have a worse record than DET:

DET 28-41 .406 WPCT

SFG 28-42 .400 WPCT

PHI 20-50 .286 WPCT

Only 2 AL teams scored less runs in that time. 5 AL teams have given up more runs.

Back