Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers 2017 Season Debacle, trades, releases and fired thread

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/news/article/243417858/tigers-hearing-interest-on-verlander-wilson/
Tigers open-minded to pitchers in trade talk.
J. Wilson, Verlander, Fulmer among Detroit's coveted arms.
Tigers official site

FuckFace Dumb Shit Sneaky Bastard Al Avila is trying to do a salary dump
no matter what he says in interviews to the smegma breath, ball less sacks of shit, that are the Tigers media ass clowns who write down what he wants for him.

Tigers GM Al Avila went on MLB Network Radio on Thursday with former Reds general manager Jim Bowden. Asked how much of Verlander's contract the Tigers might be willing to eat, Avila said, "We have to keep an open mind to everything."

While I don't think Al knows what he is doing, I think he gave the right answer here.

Trade rumors heating he up again,

JV, kinsler, Avila and Justin Wilson. It's common names, dodgers, cubs brewers most common teams said to be interested

As much as I want JV to stay I know he wants to leave. And I will not root for him if he goes to the Cubs or Dodgers.. 2 teams I absolutely hate.

As much as I want JV to stay I know he wants to leave. And I will not root for him if he goes to the Cubs or Dodgers.. 2 teams I absolutely hate.

How do you know JV wants to leave?
Did he say something in an interview somewhere?

How do you know JV wants to leave?
Did he say something in an interview somewhere?

Not in so many words but he did say he didn't want to play for a team in a rebuild mode... I take that if he's not traded but others are he'll be unhappy. I'm hope I'm wrong.. He's the one I want to stay.

Sadly this team is just poorly constructed. It needs to be broken up. If that includes trading everyone not named Fulmer i am ok with it. Hate not seeing Miggy and Justin Verlander finish thier careers with Detroit but we need to do whats best for the team.
The Team, The Team, The Team!!!!

From the article: "Detroit has already begun to sell a bit, moving pending free-agent J.D. Martinez for a few middling prospects."

EDIT: "The Tigers could save some money in the near term by trading some of their long-term deals, but they’ve never hesitated to spend the money required to field a contender." ... the author does not know Chris Ilitch is the owner now.

Last edited:
Back