Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Good News 2017 Season

lonesometiger

The best news is the season has started. and the Tigers play the Sox weather permitting. The Tigers did not start Sunday, And really there schedule is full of moving East to West. There pitching has to hold up should they have a chance.
Good news bad news runs how you see it.

The baby boomers (my Dad's Yanks) bomb out when there tank misfired. And super Sanchez went 0-5. Not as easy when TB's Archer got his aim on.

Giant's got two HOMERS out of there Babe Ruth Bumgarner and his 5.000 OPS! Only to have there HIGH DOLLAR closer to BLOW it. Does anything change?

Grandma's Cards played a good game against the Cubs. The 8th and 9th innings were unreal. Wish the Tigers went after Randal Grihuk when he might have been available. There out field could be loaded.

Speaking of out field would Melvin Upton Jr. fit in with the Tigers? He did hit 20 last season. But he is not getting any younger. But having a couple of up's in the lineup could have lifting ton of results.

The best news is the season has started. and the Tigers play the Sox weather permitting. The Tigers did not start Sunday, And really there schedule is full of moving East to West. There pitching has to hold up should they have a chance.
Good news bad news runs how you see it.

The baby boomers (my Dad's Yanks) bomb out when there tank misfired. And super Sanchez went 0-5. Not as easy when TB's Archer got his aim on.

Giant's got two HOMERS out of there Babe Ruth Bumgarner and his 5.000 OPS! Only to have there HIGH DOLLAR closer to BLOW it. Does anything change?

Grandma's Cards played a good game against the Cubs. The 8th and 9th innings were unreal. Wish the Tigers went after Randal Grihuk when he might have been available. There out field could be loaded.

Speaking of out field would Melvin Upton Jr. fit in with the Tigers? He did hit 20 last season. But he is not getting any younger. But having a couple of up's in the lineup could have lifting ton of results.

Melvin Upton is one of the worst offensive OFers over the last 3 years (without isolating his Away stats). His defense is just slightly above average. With a team that has troubles against RHP, adding one more player that struggles against RHP is plain stupid.

I would rather give Jones and Collins a chance. Mahtook is just a younger version of Upton.

Melvin Upton is one of the worst offensive OFers over the last 3 years (without isolating his Away stats). His defense is just slightly above average. With a team that has troubles against RHP, adding one more player that struggles against RHP is plain stupid.

I would rather give Jones and Collins a chance. Mahtook is just a younger version of Upton.

I understand your points but this is "The good news 2017 season." The positives, the hope. The tied for first right now optimism.

I understand your points but this is "The good news 2017 season." The positives, the hope. The tied for first right now optimism.

Mitch, he asked about Melvin. I responded.

And yes, to start the season everyone is tied for 1st place. Yada, yada, yada.

Mitch, he asked about Melvin. I responded.

And yes, to start the season everyone is tied for 1st place. Yada, yada, yada.

Ah you're a bummer. I've been sick as a dog for a few days, with a big dose of Vertigo, and I'm cheerier than you..

Don't you remember when you were a kid and you had no nose for saber-metrics and it was all good on opening day?

I do see Castellano's batting 2. Not sure I see a better option with JD out. Get that walk rate up, kid.

Go Tigers..

Last edited:
I do see Castellano's batting 2. Not sure I see a better option with JD out. Get that walk rate up, kid.

Go Tigers..

Facing a lefty today so I like it. I'm fine with giving him a shot at hitting 2nd vs RHP too. Not like we have an obvious choice anyway.

I think BJ/Melvin Uptons career is basically over, but I'd take him over Mahtook for a low cost deal for a year or two. Worth a shot I think.

Last edited:
I think BJ/Melvin Uptons career is basically over, but I'd take him over Mahtook for a low cost deal for a year or two. Worth a shot I think.

A couple things I like about Mahtook is his youth, he had a nice but short rookie season. And he was decent in the minors, some years. Though he was really inconsistent.

Maybe a surprise, Maybin like year.

Ah you're a bummer. I've been sick as a dog for a few days, with a big dose of Vertigo, and I'm cheerier than you..

Don't you remember when you were a kid and you had no nose for saber-metrics and it was all good on opening day?

Seriously Mitch? Why the assault on me? He asked and I provided feedback. It is a board to share ideas. Do I need to be Rah, Rah, Rah for you to back off?

Go Tigers!

Seriously Mitch? Why the assault on me? He asked and I provided feedback. It is a board to share ideas. Do I need to be Rah, Rah, Rah for you to back off?

Go Tigers!

How is that an assault? Did I attack you? I didn't mean it as an attack nonetheless, I'm sorry.

I have 3 things:

1) Anyone think they get the game in today? Weather report for Chicago looks pretty grim.

B) You guys just gotta believe.
giphy.gif

3)

as?sault

make a physical attack on

a sudden, violent attack; onslaught

Law. an unlawful physical attack upon another; an attempt or offer to do violence to another, with or without battery, as by holding a stone or club in a threatening manner.

Sorry Reb, couldn't resist. I don't think he meant it as an attack. Nothing but love for ya
poke.gif

I have 3 things:

1) Anyone think they get the game in today? Weather report for Chicago looks pretty grim.

B) You guys just gotta believe.
giphy.gif

3)

as?sault

make a physical attack on

a sudden, violent attack; onslaught

Law. an unlawful physical attack upon another; an attempt or offer to do violence to another, with or without battery, as by holding a stone or club in a threatening manner.

Sorry Reb, couldn't resist. I don't think he meant it as an attack. Nothing but love for ya
poke.gif

Holding a stone or club, lol.

Types of Assault

• Felonious assault is an unlawful attack or attempted attack, accomplished through force or violence, that causes physical injury to another person. This type of assault involves the use of weapons and/or serious injury. If a weapon is used, an attack is deemed a felonious assault even if no injury occurs. But there need not be a weapon for this designation. If a serious injury occurs due to an assault using hands, fists, or feet, it is also deemed a felonious assault. Therefore, both serious resulting injuries and the use of weapons are triggers for a felonious assault. Assault and battery is an example of a felonious assault. This is a type of incident that results in actual contact made and creates a need for medical attention to the victim.
  • Simple assault occurs when a weapon is not used and the resulting injuries that are caused to the victim are minor in nature.
  • Physical assault causes grievous bodily harm, such as prior to the commission of a murder or aggravated assault.
  • Aggravated assault occurs with the use of a weapon and/or an amount of increased force.
  • Sexual assault involves the use of force against the will of the victim, resulting in a rape, molestation, sodomy or similar sexual offense.
  • Verbal assault – this is a type of non-physical, oral assault that results in an emotional, mental, and/or psychological injury to the victim, rather than a physical bodily injury.

Back