Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 81 Tigers vs. indians July 2, 2017

2 hits and a 20+ million plus pitcher shelled by a team put together on alot less money. Pretty disgusting.

Please Chris sell this team !!!!!

Last edited:
Go ahead tigers ... dial up a 8 spot and lose 11-9 to really piss me off.

2 hits and a 20+ million plus pitcher shelled by a team put together on alot less money. Pretty disgusting.

Please Chris sell this team !!!!!

It's been said over and over again but what can we realistically get back in return? High priced guys just get high priced returns. Especially when many are having like their worse years ever.. One good thing is Sanchez has a 5m buyout after the season so at lease he'll be gone. Other than that maybe a bag of donuts for Avila, JD maybe the only guy we can get something in return. I don't see anything even decent from anyone else..

It's been said over and over again but what can we realistically get back in return? High priced guys just get high priced returns. Especially when many are having like their worse years ever.. One good thing is Sanchez has a 5m buyout after the season so at lease he'll be gone. Other than that maybe a bag of donuts for Avila, JD maybe the only guy we can get something in return. I don't see anything even decent from anyone else..

You are right. Stuck with bad deals just like the other Illich team. Nothing to be done except blow it up and start over.

So I didn't realize this but this could be Kinsler last year.. There's a team option for next season. I imagine he's gone after the year..

Blow it up. You got stop signing free agents. Deal the baggage as best as you can. Draft position players. You do not need pitching till you have the starting 9. Do not have a DH that can not play a position!!!!!!!!!!! Then find a solid CLOSER. BTW Sanchez last and only three starts have yielded a 3.11 era 14 K's He'll get one more start before the ASB should it be a good one. Now might be the time to try to move him!?.

Blow it up. You got stop signing free agents. Deal the baggage as best as you can. Draft position players. You do not need pitching till you have the starting 9. Do not have a DH that can not play a position!!!!!!!!!!! Then find a solid CLOSER. BTW Sanchez last and only three starts have yielded a 3.11 era 14 K's He'll get one more start before the ASB should it be a good one. Now might be the time to try to move him!?.

It's a lot easier said then done. You don't move 20m plus guys until you get 20m plus guys in return. And it's usually a 1 for 1 swap, no prospect. Or you pay a ton of the current contract and maybe get a B type prospect back, like a MRP. Backup C. Nothing fancy..

Not if you just want to get rid of money guys and don't care what you get back then you become those 110 loss Astros teams but instead of 3 years it becomes 6-7-8 years.

And signing free agents? That's why we're in this mess. It's not your JV or Miggy, teams can handle two. It's Sanchez, Zimmerman, Upton. We didn't need any of those guys.

Back