Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 83 Tigers vs. giants July 5, 2017

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Tigers Lineup:
Kinsler 2B
Castellanos 3B
Upton LF
Miggy 1B
JD Martinez RF
Victor DH
Majtook CF
McCann C
Iggy SS
Beavis Norris LHP

Giants lineup:
hernandez cf
belt 1b
pence rf
posey c
hwang 3b
crawford ss
slater lf
hundley c
tomlinson 2b
Blech lhp

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2017/07/tigers_giants_preview_daniel_n.html#incart_river_index
Tigers, Giants preview: Daniel Norris looks to break out of recent funk.
Mlive

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/news/articl...ace-off-in-interleague-play/?topicId=26688732
Tigers looking for consistency from Norris.
Tigers official site

http://www.baseball-reference.com/previews/2017/DET201707050.shtml
Detroit Tigers vs. San Francisco Giants, at Comerica Park, July 5, 2017 Matchups, Tickets, Preview.
Baseball Reference

http://www.espn.com/mlb/preview?gameId=370705106
Tigers vs. giants Game Preview.
espn

The Giants have hit the fewest home runs in the majors this season (72) and are 28th in runs scored per game with 3.93.

Norris has given up five earned runs in each of his past two starts, raising his ERA from 4.42 to 5.00.
Left-handed batters are hitting .301 with five home runs in 86 plate appearances against Norris this season.

Last edited:
Not sure I like the idea of Miggy continuing to hurt himself just to keep coming back the next day.. He needs rest..

Not sure I like the idea of Miggy continuing to hurt himself just to keep coming back the next day.. He needs rest..

he's going to have a nice little break in 5 days. Plus, who cares if he is playing nicked up? It's not like they need to save him for the playoffs.

I guess the few days of rest will have to come during the all-star break.

he's going to have a nice little break in 5 days. Plus, who cares if he is playing nicked up? It's not like they need to save him for the playoffs.

I think he needs more than the AS break rest. This is the perfect time to rest him, get him a nice 8 days. The team is done, I see no reason to continue to play him hurt?

I think he needs more than the AS break rest. This is the perfect time to rest him, get him a nice 8 days. The team is done, I see no reason to continue to play him hurt?

as long as there is no risk of long term injury I say run him out there. He's making $28M a year...go out and play.

as long as there is no risk of long term injury I say run him out there. He's making $28M a year...go out and play.

Long term injury he's had before.. I get the guy wants to play but what's 5 days? He's taken himself out multiple games recently.

DET Trainer(s) have a history of making wrong conclusions/diagnosis. Miggy needs to sit until after the All Star break on principal alone.

DET Trainer(s) have a history of making wrong conclusions/diagnosis. Miggy needs to sit until after the All Star break on principal alone.

This is one thing we definitely see eye to eye on. Lingering injuries that last multiple seasons have been maddening.

If the away announcers say Gorkys one more time.....

what an annoying name lol

Norris key holed on that BS no strike call, clockwork next pitch single scores another run. 0-2 bad guys

Ready to see Boyd over Norris any day now Al

Boyd since being sent down

3-1
2.48 ERA
36.1 IP
23 H
10 ER
10 BB
39 K
.180 AVG
.91 WHIP

Wow, Norris really sucks. He's getting hammered just about every start lately.

Not sure AA helps you learn faster. You certainly may look better since the competition is easier but faster, nope.

Back