Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Replace Romine with Jacoby Jones please.

We need Gator pinch hitting again !!!! Although I do not think he could field a lick lol..

We need Gator pinch hitting again !!!! Although I do not think he could field a lick lol..

Gates made $18,000 in 1968. Adjusted to present dollars that's $122,000.

Last edited:
Really! rather have Moya who has been raking in AAA and RF is his natural position.

Jacoby would get plenty of at bats here alongside moya. I believe both should be up right now. Aviles should take a hike somewhere, take pelfrey with him.

Jacoby would get plenty of at bats here alongside moya. I believe both should be up right now. Aviles should take a hike somewhere, take pelfrey with him.

Aviles 11 for 35 for a .314 avg. in his last 10 games. Brad will sit him any time now. And sure enough he's out tonight! wow words can not spell how I feel.

Can Jones play 3rd, SS, 2B, 1B, LF, CF, RF??? Yes Romine's bat is weak, but defensively, he might be the third best on the team behind Iggy and Kinsler... Give Moya a chance, if he doesn't perform bring up Jones.. You want to see clown shoes at third when the game is on the line??? Not me...

JaCoby Jones, OF-3B, Toledo.
Hitting .209 with eight extra-base hits and eight RBIs in 25 games at Triple-A. Batted .309 with 12 extra-base hits in 20 games at Double-A Erie.

McGehee and Boyd optioned to Toledo for a light hitting utility player and a LOOGY. Only the Tigers can make these types of head scratching moves.

McGehee and Boyd optioned to Toledo for a light hitting utility player and a LOOGY. Only the Tigers can make these types of head scratching moves.

Boyd wasn't going to pitch until Saturday anyways, it was called procedural for him. He's back most likely start of September, and probably McGehee.

I'm fine with the move. Not like McGehee was hitting even hitting his weight. Jones starting at 3rd tonight.

Not a good sign. If they called him up, Maybin probably out for a while.

Well he's playing 3rd tonight and don't you think if Maybin was out for awhile they'd put him on the DL and not send someone down to make room?

Well he's playing 3rd tonight and don't you think if Maybin was out for awhile they'd put him on the DL and not send someone down to make room?
People don't go on the DL if hurt late in the year. There's no need with expanded rosters.

Back