Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2016 MLB All-Star Game A.L. vs. N.L.

I remember as a kid watching the ASG just to see a Tiger play a little bit. I remember being kind of excited about it and got upset if they didn't get much playing time. Now I feel like that kid was stupid!

The game was different back then. Used to be fun and watching the players from the team you rooted for was fun. We all got mad when they didn't play much. Always remembered when they decided to play Ripken 7 or more innings so Tram hardly played.

Now they always keep guys on the bench in case it goes extra innings like when Guillen didn't get in some years a go. The stupid win for world series home field advantage blows.

1971 ASG players who DNP:

NL: Seaver, Wise, Carlton, Sanguillen, Staub
AL: Messersmith, Pattin, Wood, Perry, Siebert, Duncan, Melton, Powell

There were 21 players on the rosters who would end up in the HOF.

Last edited:
Back