Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cameron Maybin Traded to the Tigers

Fills a hole while cutting dead weight at the same time. Im starting to like Al Avila.

Not crazy about maybin but hey got rid of Krol now that is worth it all by itself!

Last edited:
Complete garbage deal. There is no way he is even worth $8 Mil.

Better deal would have been just to cut Krol and call it a day.

Braves throw in cash, so it ends up being $5-6 million for 2016, which is average money for an average player. And if he sucks, we just pay him $1 million to go away. I like the deal.

Braves throw in cash, so it ends up being $5-6 million for 2016, which is average money for an average player. And if he sucks, we just pay him $1 million to go away. I like the deal.

But the Tigers won't do that. They'll keep him all year, pay him 5-6m and he'll be less than average.

Cameron Maybin is just a rajai replacement. He could match rajai's production and possibly exceed it since he is still in his prime.

Maybin is worse of a player than Anthony Gose. How on earth is that average?

Last 3 years Away

AVG MLB CF .254 BAVG .316 OBP .389 SLG .705 OPS

Gose.230 BAVG .297 OBP .336 SLG .634 OPS

Maybin .232 BAVG .283 OBP .337 SLG .620 OPS

UZR/150 Last 3 years

Gose -3.7

Maybin -6.3

This is just a meh deal to me, will like it only if he replaces Gose in CF and they still add a corner outfielder

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Cameron Maybin is just a rajai replacement. He could match rajai's production and possibly exceed it since he is still in his prime.

Is it "still" in his prime if he never had a prime.

The problem with this trade is it doesn't help us get get wins. We need many players at different positions to compete.. And we get Maybin? I want better, not the same.

Also...in a couple of years Gabe Speier will be in someone's pen. Great stats. Fastball at 95 MPH for a lefty is real good. And Speier is just 20 years old.

Maybin is worse of a player than Anthony Gose. How on earth is that average?

Last 3 years Away

AVG MLB CF .254 BAVG .316 OBP .389 SLG .705 OPS

Gose.230 BAVG .297 OBP .336 SLG .634 OPS

Maybin .232 BAVG .283 OBP .337 SLG .620 OPS

UZR/150 Last 3 years

Gose -3.7

Maybin -6.3

But we only pay maybin for 1, two years at the most. What average mlb CF are you going to get for less than $15 million for two years of service? Doubt there is any. Also Rajai WAR for three years before signing with Tigers: .8. Maybin(not including 2013 cause he only played 14 games): 3.4. Maybin is an upgrade from rajai for the same cost. I say the Tigers win this trade any way you slice it.

But we only pay maybin for 1, two years at the most. What average mlb CF are you going to get for less than $15 million for two years of service? Doubt there is any. Also Rajai WAR for three years before signing with Tigers: .8. Maybin(not including 2013 cause he only played 14 games): 3.4. Maybin is an upgrade from rajai for the same cost. I say the Tigers win this trade any way you slice it.

You can get me for a cool mil. Doesn't means it's a good deal.

Back