Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cameron Maybin Traded to the Tigers

2016 Maybin at home = 62 PA .500 BAVG .557 OBP .574 SLG 1.131 OPS

2016 Maybin Away = 44 PA .220 BAVG .273 OBP .244 SLG .517 OPS

Which one is the real Cameron Maybin?

And his last 7 days are: PA 22 AVG .238 OPB .273 SLG .238 OPS .511 ... last five games on the road.

Maybe CM figured something out in the second half of last season. No way he keeps this up but who knows maybe we catch number 1 potential in a bottle for a season and he helps us to a title!!!!

Maybe CM figured something out in the second half of last season. No way he keeps this up but who knows maybe we catch number 1 potential in a bottle for a season and he helps us to a title!!!!

He's going to have to pass that bottle around to the rest of the guys that are sucking ass. He should start with 1/2 of the starters, most of the pen and the entire bottom of the order!

We are a long ways to compete for a title. We are beating the teams we are supposed to beat, but cannot win against good teams. Most of our hitters have difficulty hitting against RHP on the Road.

500 or under = 23-13 .639 WPCT

over .500 = 10-18 .357 WPCT

Central = 11-9 .550 WPCT

Interleague = 8-4 .667 WPCT

Rest of AL = 14-18 .438 WPCT

I am just glad Maybin can championship level CF and actually hit a little bit unlike Gose

2016 vs RHP

C. Maybin 64 PA .344 BAVG .365 OBP .344 SLG .709 OPS

A. Gose 72 PA .242 BAVG .306 OBP .424 SLG .730 OPS

2016 UZR/150

A. Gose 11.7 UZR/150

C. Maybin -6.5 UZR/150

Don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of Anthony Gose. Maybin's numbers have dropped the more he has hit away from Comerica and the more he has faced RHP. He started out hot and that was good for the Tigers. Just like Castellanos and Saltalamacchia, and both of them have cooled way down.

Guess I'm looking at the team differently than most of you. Outside of early May when we had a 1-11 stretch, I think we've been a pretty good team. We're right in the thick of it and I'm damn happy about it.

I'd say relative to the rest of the squad, Maybin's already earned his salary for the year.

He has been a surprise, but most of his stats have come from Comerica.

Home = .437 BAVG .500 OBP .529 SLG 1.029 OPS 11.1% BB% 20.5% LD%

Away = .241 BAVG .274 OBP .276 SLG .550 OPS 4.8% BB% 14.6% LD%

I would be all over this if his statistics were somewhat consistent (Home/Away, Left vs Right, Walk Rate, Line Drive, etc, etc). But right now, I cannot draw any conclusions one way or the other.

Of all MLB CFers with at least 300 Innings (31), he is 30th in UZR/150.

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...am=6&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&sort=20,d

On the Tigers, he is currently 6th in WAR for offensive players.

I guess we just have to ride his wave for now. But still if we had resigned Davis over Maybin are the stats that different? Davis does have a lot more Homers.

Currently riding this wave like it was the 1st half of my bro Brennan Boesch's rookie year. He murdered lefties.

Maybin has overall been good, when he plays.

Problem is missing 60-65 games for the season.

That has magnified the lack of backup or platoon player we hoped was going to be Gose.

TOTAL (minimum 350 PA)

22 of 33 in WAR

Offensively (minimum 160 PA away)

27th of 35 in wRC+ and wOBA

Defensively (minimum of 500 Innings)

27th of 32 in UZR/150

28th of 32 in DRS

Has he been a surprise? Sure. But his Comerica stats are unsustainable (.449 BABIP) and that has elevated his offensive stats. Given more Plate Appearances, the end result would be closer to his norm for the season.

Back