Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Replace Romine with Jacoby Jones please.

durtymrclean

I mean, it's pretty obvious jones is better and major league ready. Tired of empty Romine at-bats.

At the beginning of today's game the Tigers had three players in the lineup who were hitting under .200. I wonder if that is a record of some kind.

At the beginning of today's game the Tigers had three players in the lineup who were hitting under .200. I wonder if that is a record of some kind.

Toronto has 2 in today's lineup hitting under .200 and 5 hitting under .250

I would like to see Jones. I mean he's 24, what are you waiting for?

Toronto has 2 in today's lineup hitting under .200 and 5 hitting under .250

200_s.gif

Probably that it's not as big of a deal as you're making it out to be. Certainly isn't a record by any stretch.

*edit* A real, real quick search showed that Tampa Bay is fielding 5 batters hitting below .200. And that's not including the pitcher that's batting 9th as they're in Arizona today.

Last edited:
I would like to see Jones. I mean he's 24, what are you waiting for?

He is a right handed CF...the Tigers already have one of those on the roster. Let him play in the minors and develop.

Last edited:
He is a right handed CF...the Tigers already have one of those on the roster. Let him play in the minors and develop.

He's 24. At this point I rather see him play once or twice a week at the ML level than everyday at the ml level. If he's not developed by now he won't be. If you're not going to bring him just might as well just trade him..

If he is called up, he has to play everyday. Otherwise, it makes no sense to bring him up at this time.

Probably that it's not as big of a deal as you're making it out to be. Certainly isn't a record by any stretch.

*edit* A real, real quick search showed that Tampa Bay is fielding 5 batters hitting below .200. And that's not including the pitcher that's batting 9th as they're in Arizona today.

Well I guess I got nothin' then ... >-P

If he is called up, he has to play everyday. Otherwise, it makes no sense to bring him up at this time.

Why? You have a whole bench who don't play everyday. Drafted 6 years ago. Is he really going to get better? He might be a POS but you need to find out.

He's 24. At this point I rather see him play once or twice a week at the ML level than everyday at the ml level. If he's not developed by now he won't be. If you're not going to bring him just might as well just trade him..

He is better off playing every day in Toledo vs. coming up here to play once a week.

Also, even though no one wants to admit it, Maybin is going to fall off eventually (and hard.) Might as well get the rookie's feet wet in the meantime. Plus romine is horrible from both sides of the plate, so what's the difference? (Jones plays inf as well).

Last edited:
Why? You have a whole bench who don't play everyday. Drafted 6 years ago. Is he really going to get better? He might be a POS but you need to find out.

He was drafted in 2013. He's only had 2 full seasons in the minors. If there isn't an injury to a starter, it wouldn't make sense to bring him up until later in the season. He needs the everyday at bats.

You start his free agent clock the minute he is called up. If he turns out to be a decent player, than you lose at least 1 year of being cost controlled to do what? Sit the bench?

If anyone, you call up Dixon Machado. And of the two, I would get rid of Mike Aviles before Romine. Romine at least plays acceptable defense.

You start his free agent clock the minute he is called up. If he turns out to be a decent player, than you lose at least 1 year of being cost controlled to do what? Sit the bench?

If anyone, you call up Dixon Machado. And of the two, I would get rid of Mike Aviles before Romine. Romine at least plays acceptable defense.

So. He's 24, you have control until he's what? Minimum salary, Arb. - first contract, assuming he's decent you probably have him until he's 30.

Go, I saw 2010. Didn't realize he didn't sign. But he's 24, nothing to learn at AAA any more. We have Upton and JD for awhile so when should we bring him up?

So. He's 24, you have control until he's what? Minimum salary, Arb. - first contract, assuming he's decent you probably have him until he's 30.

Go, I saw 2010. Didn't realize he didn't sign. But he's 24, nothing to learn at AAA any more. We have Upton and JD for awhile so when should we bring him up?

The way they're moving him around leads me to believe that they're grooming him to be our utility type player very soon. Believe me, if they feel he's ready and call him up, I wouldn't complain one bit.

Well I guess I got nothin' then ... >-P

No worries. Same thing would happen when people would get pissy about Avila. There were like 5-10 starting catchers doing worse at the plate but you'd think he was MLB's worst hitting catcher of all time from the comments.

And you used a Parks and Rec image! That's bonus points automatically.

Last edited:
I'd just like to see a little pop off the bench. Outside of Salty, our bench guys are a combine 16 for 87 (.184) with 3XBH, 0 HR. Pretty sad. While I do think every day at bats are more beneficial to him now, if he were to take Aviles spot I would be ok with that. I am mind=blown that Bradley would ever considering hitting Aviles/Romine in the 2 hole. That move has Gene Lamont written all over it.

Back