Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rays 7-01-16 Game 80

Damn indians .. jeezz. Three blue Jays were ejected arguing balls and strikes with the home plate ump. The pitches were called a strike and they were not even close to a strike .

I watched the first 5 innings of that game. Vic Carapazza's strike zone for the Cleveland pitcher was extended in all directions, and he didn't give the Toronto pitcher the same a lot of the time.

Last edited:
Fullmer should be a bigger story around the league. A rookie pitcher that is 8-2 with a 2.17 ERA is remarkable. He has the stuff of an ace.

Fullmer should be a bigger story around the league. A rookie pitcher that is 8-2 with a 2.17 ERA is remarkable. He has the stuff of an ace.

MFin' Michael Fulmer. Dude has been unreal...but I'm pretty positive most have no idea he even exists right now outside of Detroit fans.

If he pitched for one of the teams MLB Network or espn have their collective noses up their arses like the redsox etc. Fulmer would be talked about as a lock for the HOF.
Fulmer is the first Tigers starter since at least 1913 to allow one or no runs in eight consecutive starts.
#DetroitVersusEverybody

From ESPN

AL rookie of the half-year

Michael Fulmer, Detroit Tigers

Took me a long time to figure this one out. In Texas, the Rangers' dazzling 20-year-old right fielder, Nomar Mazara, is going to be a star. And this was his award to lose for a long time. But then Michael Fulmer (aka the guy the Mets traded to get Yoenis Cespedes) decided it was about time he turned himself into Bob Gibson. Starting with his May 21 start against Tampa Bay, Fulmer has made nine starts. He has given up a TOTAL of four earned runs in those nine starts. Four. Just to put that in perspective, over the same period of time, ESPN Stats & Information counts 261 instances in which a pitcher has allowed four earned runs in an INNING. And Fulmer has allowed four in seven weeks. Meanwhile, never, in any of those nine starts, has he given up more than one earned run. So how many starting pitchers in the past century have ever had a streak of nine straight starts with one or nada earned runs allowed in their first season in the big leagues? That would be none, of course. And how would you like to guess the only non-rookie pitcher ever to have a longer streak than that in any single season in the live ball era? That would be -- right you are -- Bob Gibson himself, with 11 in a row in that 1968 season that made him a legend. I don't know if we're watching the birth of a legend when we watch Fulmer do his thing. But with his mix of mid-90s fastball, power slider and disappearing changeup, we might at least be watching the birth of a young Josh Beckett.

I think Mazara is having a real good season,for a 2B. Unfortunately, he plays RF. Still nice but not dazzling. Too bad Fullmer wasn't up at the start of the season he could be in the running for Cy Young.

Back