Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. Rays 7-2-16 Game 81 - Official Midway Point of Season

dale675

Today is the official halfway point of the season.

Detroit Tigers

I Kinsler 2B
C Maybin CF
V Martinez DH
N Castellanos 3B
J Upton LF
J Saltalamacchia 1B
M Aviles RF
J McCann C
J Iglesias SS

P - J Verlander

Tampa Bay Rays

L Forsythe 2B
B Miller SS
E Longoria 3B
L Morrison 1B
B Guyer CF
S Souza Jr. RF
C Dickerson DH
O Arcia LF
C Casali C

P - B Snell

Side note - Indians win streak over at 14 as Blue Jays beat them 9-6. Former Tiger Rajai Davis hits for the cycle.

Not watching but listening on radio in between yard and house work. JV did pick a guy off 1st to end the 2nd inning.

Jason Beck ‏@beckjason
First HR since June 13 for Ian Kinsler. He was 14-for-73 since then until loft into LF seats off Snell.

Is Miggy hurt? Why is he not playing?

Ausmus wanted to give him a day off.....

iirc Miggy is available to pinch hit.

Brad Ausmus said earlier this week he has been trying to find opportunities to give Miguel Cabrera a day off. Saturday’s late afternoon start after a night game is the day, and it’s a day totally out of the lineup rather than simply getting out of the field at designated hitter. Jarrod Saltalamacchia starts at first base, with Victor Martinez staying at DH against Rays rookie left-hander Blake Snell.

“I had told [Cabrera] I was going to give him one of these weekend days off,” Ausmus said. “I’m not worried about Miggy facing a lefty or a righty, but he’s had a little bit of success in limited at-bats against [Sunday’s Rays starter] Archer, so just went that route.”
JasonBeck'sTigersBlog

Last edited:
More dumb baserunning by that Faacheem Stroonze burger. f'n chooch.

Last edited:
Ausmus wanted to give him a day off.....

iirc Miggy is available to pinch hit.

Brad Ausmus said earlier this week he has been trying to find opportunities to give Miguel Cabrera a day off. Saturday?s late afternoon start after a night game is the day, and it?s a day totally out of the lineup rather than simply getting out of the field at designated hitter. Jarrod Saltalamacchia starts at first base, with Victor Martinez staying at DH against Rays rookie left-hander Blake Snell.

?I had told [Cabrera] I was going to give him one of these weekend days off,? Ausmus said. ?I?m not worried about Miggy facing a lefty or a righty, but he?s had a little bit of success in limited at-bats against [Sunday?s Rays starter] Archer, so just went that route.?
JasonBeck'sTigersBlog

Makes sense, I mean the offense is rolling right now. Why not start sitting guys for no fucking reason

You think ausmus should have had Miggy pinch hit for Salty?

Anything negative happens bottom 9th, Miggy goes to first for him, with McCann still catching.

Tigers beat the rays 3 - 2.
Verlander 1 earned run, 8 K's,
Kinsler Bomb, Iggy + Salty rbi's,
TigersVictoryCigar!!!!!

Stuff this one in the win column! One run column as well. Pitching did it and a little offence.

Five over .500 as well.

Last edited:
http://m.tigers.mlb.com/det/video/search?team_id=116&tagName=Detroit Tigers
Webvideo Highlights of the Tigers 3 - 2 win over the rays.

Justin Verlander ? Struck out eight while allowing just two runs one earned in seven innings of work.

Ian Kinsler ? Hit a solo home run to left.

Jarrod Saltalamacchia ? Along with Kinsler, Saltalamacchia was one of three Tigers? players to reach base safely twice. He singled and walked. He also scored a run and drove in the game-winner with a sac.

Baserunning, Cameron Maybin and Mike Aviles were both caught stealing.

Stats and info:
Ian Kinsler?s solo home run in the fifth inning was the 199th of his career.

Miguel Cabrera had the day off. Jarrod Saltalamacchia played first in his stead.

Francisco Rodriguez earned his 23rd save of the season with a 1-2-3 inning.

The Indians finally lost! Detroit?s tied for second in the AL Central, 6.5 games out.

Most games over .500 on the year thus far...keep it going boys take all four, need to roll into Cleveland hot and start making up for 0-9, our turn for a nice long winning streak hopefully

Last edited:
Back