Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. Rays 7-2-16 Game 81 - Official Midway Point of Season

Yeah, standing out at 1st base 9 times for 5-10 minutes is probably exhausting after not having a day off in 4 days.

swinging the bat and running the bases probably takes more toll on the body than actually playing 1B. He most likely took BP off as well.

he has the 2nd most plate appearances among all 1B

I guess other managers give their players days off too

swinging the bat and running the bases probably takes more toll on the body than actually playing 1B. He most likely took BP off as well.

he has the 2nd most plate appearances among all 1B

I guess other managers give their players days off too

I'm more questioning WHEN he gives days off. To me, days off should be given when a player is either struggling or injured/sick. Throughout the season all players fall under both those categories from time to time. Miggy is neither right now.

So is Brad just guessing that he's picking a day that Miggy might injure himself?

I'm more questioning WHEN he gives days off. To me, days off should be given when a player is either struggling or injured/sick. Throughout the season all players fall under both those categories from time to time. Miggy is neither right now.

So is Brad just guessing that he's picking a day that Miggy might injure himself?

no, he gives players days off so they can rest which helps prevent injury.

no, he gives players days off so they can rest which helps prevent injury.

Well thankfully he's resting Maybin today. He's hitting nearly .500 in his last 8 games.

Wait, maybe it's the monster 4 for 8 stat line that Romine has lifetime against Archer.

Well thankfully he's resting Maybin today. He's hitting nearly .500 in his last 8 games.

Wait, maybe it's the monster 4 for 8 stat line that Romine has lifetime against Archer.

maybin never gets injured...just run him into the ground by making him play every day. Brilliant!

maybin never gets injured...just run him into the ground by making him play every day. Brilliant!

If you truly believe that sitting a guy once a week is preventing him from being injured then I'm not gonna waste any more time with this. I'll just leave it with this. If a guy is gonna get hurt, he's gonna get hurt. Shit happens. Sitting him is only keeping him from helping your team that day. Period

If you truly believe that sitting a guy once a week is preventing him from being injured then I'm not gonna waste any more time with this. I'll just leave it with this. If a guy is gonna get hurt, he's gonna get hurt. Shit happens. Sitting him is only keeping him from helping your team that day. Period

well...most of baseball will disagree with you.

read this article
http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/116446316/baseball-is-realizing-the-value-of-taking-a-day-off

Back