Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. indians 7-04-16 Game 83

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Detroit Tigers
1. Ian Kinsler, 2B
2. Cameron Maybin, CF
3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B
4. Victor Martinez, DH
5. Nick Castellanos, 3B
6. Justin Upton, LF
7. Steven Moya, RF
8. James McCann, C
9. Jose Iglesias, SS
Pitcher: LH Daniel Norris

Cleveland Indians
1. Rajai Davis, CF
2. Jason Kipnis, CF
3. Francisco Lindor, SS
4. Mike Napoli, 1B
5. Carlos Santana, DH
6. Jose Ramirez, LF
7. Yan Gomes, C
8. Juan Uribe, 3B
9. Abraham Almonte, RF
Pitcher: RF Danny Salazar

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.s...gers_gameday_daniel_8.html#incart_river_index
Detroit Tigers Gameday: Daniel Norris takes his shot at the indians.
Mlive

http://www.blessyouboys.com/2016/7/...-cleveland-indians-game-preview-daniel-norris
Game 83 Preview: Detroit Tigers at Cleveland Indians.
bybtb

http://espn.go.com/mlb/preview?gameId=360704105
Tigers vs. indians Preview.
espn

http://www.baseball-reference.com/previews/2016/CLE201607040.shtml
Cleveland Indians vs. Detroit Tigers, at Progressive Field, July 4, 2016 Matchups, Tickets, Preview.
Baseball Reference

Was hoping Detroit would get a crack at a possibly tired bullpen. Really hope this doesn't get postponed.

If anyone was thinking if we get into the indians bullpen and face Joba and Gorzalanny well forget it;

Indians Designate Joba Chamberlain, Tom Gorzelanny.

replaced by southpaw T.J. House and righty Mike Clevinger.

Last edited:
I think Cleveland is doing everything they can to have it postponed so they can get a day of rest, I don't even think it's still raining now for sometime but it's up to the home team when they start and word is they don't want to take any chances for it to start only to be delayed again after starting with thier pen massively in need of rest, so they are just simply not giving the go ahead to agree to start.. It's smart on their part really. 8:30 already if they do end up giving the go ahead to get it in it'll end up being a long night for Tito which is just want he doesn't want. IMO the tarp should be off and the game underway.. But Tito doesn't want to play tonight

Last edited:
I think Cleveland is doing everything they can to have it postponed so they can get a day of rest, I don't even think it's still raining now for sometime but it's up to the home team when they start and word is they don't want to take any chances for it to start only to be delayed again after starting so they are just simply not giving the go ahead to agree to start.. It's smart on their part really. 8:30 already if they do end up giving the go ahead to get it in it'll end up being a long night for Tito which is just want he doesn't want. IMO the tarp should be off and the game underway..Tito doesn't want to play tonight

I agree with you. Was thinking they might wait until 9pm to call it off.

Got to be excited having Sanchez back in the rotation....blech.

Yeah hopefully Norris will just start tomorrow and they can skip Sanchez...I have zero confidence in Sanchez it would be an automatic loss so in all in all maybe it helps both teams in different ways. Lol

Appertently the tarp came off for a min or two, grounds crew came out kicked some dirt around then they put the tarp back again, yet not still raining...bizarre

ESPN says the tarp is coming off again, aiming for 9:30 start? R u kidding me..Tito didn't need to wait this long, hopefully this backfires on em and thier already tired club gets even more taxed..be patient and make Salazar through as many pitches as possible should be the game plan for the offense

Last edited:
Norris getting lit up already in the second, this one is already over I'm afraid if the bats don't make Salazar work and get into the pen

Last edited:
Man looks lIke Norris strained something hope he is ok!

Last edited:
Well this is a typical start verses Cleveland. Pretty darn maddening.

Norris has talent but seems real fragile to me so far in his career.

This kid Norris looks like he's coming out, oblique?
Can't stay healthy,

Career minor league pitcher Molleken just brought back again in to pitch.

Norris out already due to injury of some kind, that guy I've never heard of they risked losing McGhee over coming into pitch now. Not looking good folks..not good at all. Too bad Tito didn't quite get it rained out, I'm guessing since it's the forth with a sell out crowd he decided to go ahead..unfortunately for us, and now with Sanchez going tomorrow we'll be fortunate if they manage to take 1

Think I'll just pass on the rest of this one this is going to be a blowout for Cleveland I don't wish to see it

Last edited:
Back