Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. indians 7-04-16 Game 83

Holy shit I a getting tired of not catching any breaks verses this team:/

I am so going to root so hard for the tribe to flame out in the playoffs if we don't get in. Probably won't work as I have never seen a team that gets so many bounces that go their way. Pretty damn disheartening. Man we need a Huge 9th inning.

Last edited:
That double play followed by a fly out in the 8th killed it for me. See ya tomorrow boys.

Well, nice to be proven wrong there. It has been a long time since Lowe got a clean inning.

We just can't get the big hit or pitch verses this team. I just can't belive how poorly we play verses Cleveland

44-29 verses everyone not named Cleveland.
0-10. Verses Cleveland.

44-39

Last edited:
Then they acted like they won the world series. Gotta pitch inside to someone to send a message.
Do freaking something. This is just terrible .

Last edited:
Alex Wilson — Starlord got himself into some trouble, loading the bases with just one out in relief of Dustin Molleken. Then he struck the next two batters out, and made it through the sixth inning on just three pitches. The bullpen actually brings relief now.

Steven Moya — A solo home run to right-center and a single gave Moya his fifth multi-hit game of the season.

Nick Castellanos — Castellanos tied the game in the sixth with a two-run shot to left field. He had a multi-hit game and also made a great diving defensive play in the eighth.

Daniel Norris’ oblique.

Bruce Rondon — Walked a batter and gave up a two-run home run to Mike Napoli to give the Indians a 5-3 lead in the seventh.

Stats and info:
Daniel Norris left the game in the third inning with a right oblique strain. That’s the same injury as last August. He’ll have an MRI in the morning.
Jordan Zimmermann hit the DL earlier in the day.

Dustin Molleken made his major league debut after 12 years in the minors.

Steven Moya hit his fifth home run of the season (and his career) in the fifth inning.
Alex Wilson’s three-pitch sixth inning was the Tigers’ first three-pitch inning since Mike Maroth in September 2004. It was the fifth in Tigers’ history, per Baseball Almanac.

With 10 straight losses to the Indians to open the season, the Tigers are now just two away from tying their all-time low (12 against Cleveland in 1996, per Fox Sports Detroit).

Castellanos now batting 12-for-34 with 2 doubles, 2 HR, 8 RBIs against Cleveland this year. Only Twins have given up more damage to him.

Last edited:
22-10 .688 WPCT versus teams less than .500

22-29 .431 WPCT versus teams greater than .500

34-35 .493 WPCT versus AL teams

12-16 .429 WPCT versus AL Central Teams

tough loss last night, looks to me like the tigers couldn't catch any decent breaks, I thought the bats weren't making Salazar throw strikes consistently enough although the umps strike zone was a bit wide, he probably wanted it over as soon as possible given the late start and was just all like hey swing at anything close i'm calling lots of strikes. Was hoping that late start would back fire on Cleveland but seems it worked out pretty good for them.

There were quite a Few times Tiger bats hit the ball hard and had nothing to show for it Iggy's DP's were on balls hit right up the middle more less but unfortunately the 2b and SS had em positioned perfectly. really sucks. And I really didn't think there was enough solid concrete proof to over turn that last play. I think baseball should be treating this reply like the NFL does, unless there is concrete solid proof the call on the field stands. That doesn't seem to be how they do it though and I don't like it.

anyway whatever, with Sanchez going tonight I can't see any chance of the Tigers winning tonight either. unreal how bad the tribe has the Tigers number this year, just crazy. I think the Cleveland starters are in their heads. They can't seem to do much with any of them.

Versus teams greater than .500

TEX 37-18 (55) .673 WPCT
CLE 34-23 (57) .596 WPCT
KCR 30-27 (57) .526 WPCT
BOS 27-27 (54) .500 WPCT
SEA 24-25 (49) .490 WPCT
TOR 24-26 (50) .480 WPCT
BAL 24-28 (52) .462 WPCT
CHW 27-32 (59) .458 WPCT
HOU 22-27 (49) .449 WPCT
DET 22-29 (51) .431 WPCT
LAA 24-32 (56) .429 WPCT
NYY 20-28 (48) .417 WPCT
OAK 21-31 (52) .404 WPCT
TBR 22-40 (62) .355 WPCT
MIN 16-38 (54) .296 WPCT

IMHO, DET has to start beating the good teams before we can seriously hope that they will compete for a playoff spot. Even if they were 4-6 against CLE, they would still be behind CLE and KCR against teams better than .500, while playing 6 less games against said teams.

Last edited:
Versus teams greater than .500

TEX 37-18 (55) .673 WPCT
CLE 34-23 (57) .596 WPCT
KCR 30-27 (57) .526 WPCT
BOS 27-27 (54) .500 WPCT
SEA 24-45 (49) .490 WPCT
TOR 24-26 (50) .480 WPCT
BAL 24-28 (52) .462 WPCT
CHW 27-32 (59) .458 WPCT
HOU 22-27 (49) .449 WPCT
DET 22-29 (51) .431 WPCT
LAA 24-32 (56) .429 WPCT
NYY 20-28 (48) .417 WPCT
OAK 21-31 (52) .404 WPCT
TBR 22-40 (62) .355 WPCT
MIN 16-38 (54) .296 WPCT

IMHO, DET has to start beating the good teams before we can seriously hope that they will compete for a playoff spot. Even if they were 4-6 against CLE, they would still be behind CLE and KCR against teams better than .500, while playing 6 less games against said teams.

Seattle can't be right, eh?

We've played 11 teams with records currently over .500, we lead the season series in 6 of those 11.

It's really been the Cleveland series where we've been abused. Especially the last month and a half. 0-4 vs Cleveland, but 14-6 vs all the other teams with winning records. We've been playing pretty damn good ball recently, but it's frustrating when 1 team has your number like this.

According to Tigers manager Brad Ausmus, tests revealed that LHP Daniel Norris suffered a Grade 1 right oblique strain, much less severe than what he sustained last season. He is expected to miss 10 to 14 days.

Back