Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. indians 7-05-16 Game 84

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
TIGERS (career vs. Carrasco).
Ian Kinsler, 2B (7-for-30, 3 doubles, walk, 6 K’s)
Cameron Maybin, CF (1-for-4, double, K)
Miguel Cabrera, 1B (10-for-28, double, HR, 3 walks, 7 K’s)
Victor Martinez, DH (6-for-26, 2 doubles, walk, 2 K’s)
Justin Upton, LF (1-for-6, HR, 2 K’s)
Steven Moya, RF
Mike Aviles, 3B
James McCann, C (0-for-8, 4 K’s)
Jose Iglesias, SS (4-for-11, double, walk, 3 K’s)
P: Anibal Sanchez

INDIANS (career numbers off Sanchez).
Carlos Santana, DH (7-for-25, double, triple, HR, 5 walks, 6 K’s)
Jason Kipnis, 2B (5-for-30, double, walk, 9 K’s)
Francisco Lindor, SS (2-for-6, double, walk)
Mike Napoli, 1B (6-for-15, 2 doubles, 2 HR, 4 walks, 5 K’s)
Jose Ramirez, 3B (1-for-4)
Lonnie Chisenhall, RF (6-for-22, triple, walk, 4 K’s)
Rajai Davis, LF (4-for-15, 2 doubles, walk, 5 K’s)
Tyler Naquin, CF (1-for-6, double, 3 K’s)
Yan Gomes, C (7-for-16, double, triple, 2 HR, walk, 3 K’s)
P: Carlos Carrasco

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.s...ers_gameday_anibal_45.html#incart_river_index
Detroit Tigers Gameday: Anibal Sanchez returns to rotation vs. Indians.
Mlive

http://www.blessyouboys.com/2016/7/...cleveland-indians-game-preview-anibal-sanchez
Game 84 Preview: Detroit Tigers at Cleveland Indians.
bybtb

http://espn.go.com/mlb/preview?gameId=360705105
Tigers-Indians preview.
espn

http://www.baseball-reference.com/previews/2016/CLE201607050.shtml
Cleveland Indians vs. Detroit Tigers, at Progressive Field, July 5, 2016 Matchups, Tickets, Preview.
Baseball Reference

Last edited:
2nd inning for Sanchez.

What rotten luck, Zimmermann and Norris both go down and we have to trust 2 pitch Sanchez to pitch like he did in 2013.

Sanchez needs to be sent down to Toledo, cut, or locked in a closet. I don't care what they do just don't let him get on the mound again for the Tigers. He is toast - not giving the team even a remote chance to win. He's not good in the bullpen and he's a dumpster fire as a starter. He adds literally nothing..

2nd inning for Sanchez.

What rotten luck, Zimmermann and Norris both go down and we have to trust 2 pitch Sanchez to pitch like he did in 2013.

I know Greene has been great out of the pen, but I think I'd rather see Greene and Boyd move in to those spots. See what you have from those 2. If one of them grabs the spot then put Norris in the pen for awhile.

Well this is a guaranteed loss. Make it 0-11 against these assholes.

I know Greene has been great out of the pen, but I think I'd rather see Greene and Boyd move in to those spots. See what you have from those 2. If one of them grabs the spot then put Norris in the pen for awhile.

I wouldn't mind Greene in the rotation despite his stellar relief pitching, more innings. I don't want any part of Boyd.
Problem bringing Greene to the rotation would be it would be 2 starts maybe 3 tops. If they did this which I would be surprised, the imo smat move would be to bring up Joe Jimenez to take his place....but they won't do that.

This is brutal, and the f'n dumbass ausmus is leaving out there.

How is his ERA only 6.26 now? I feel like it should be 30. This is unreal.

I wouldn't mind Greene in the rotation despite his stellar relief pitching, more innings. I don't want any part of Boyd.
Problem bringing Greene to the rotation would be it would be 2 starts maybe 3 tops. If they did this which I would be surprised, the imo smat move would be to bring up Joe Jimenez to take his place....but they won't do that.

Not sure what else they need to see from Jimenez

Does not matter how many runs you give up, should the offence not score. That's some what, is wrong with this team. Scoring too many runs in too few games, And too few runs in too many games.
The 101 espn St, Louis were talking about what was wrong about the Cards. And it occur to me that much of what was said is the Tigers problem as well. The Cards are running them selves into out on the base paths. Sounds familiar with our base running. Really with Cabrera and V-Mart in the order a station to station approach in needed more than running into bad outs!

Moya is reminding me of all the times Delmon and Raburn made plays like that in the outfield. Good God!!!

Moya is reminding me of all the times Delmon and Raburn made plays like that in the outfield. Good God!!!

More and more, errors are not scored as errors. That should have been and error and home team scoring makes it a double and advanced on throw. Incredible how lax the scoring has become.

More and more, errors are not scored as errors. That should have been and error and home team scoring makes it a double and advanced on throw. Incredible how lax the scoring has become.

Home teams do it to pad the home team's offensive numbers.

Does not matter how many runs you give up, should the offence not score. That's some what, is wrong with this team. Scoring too many runs in too few games, And too few runs in too many games.
The 101 espn St, Louis were talking about what was wrong about the Cards. And it occur to me that much of what was said is the Tigers problem as well. The Cards are running them selves into out on the base paths. Sounds familiar with our base running. Really with Cabrera and V-Mart in the order a station to station approach in needed more than running into bad outs!

Good pitching shuts down good hitting 99% of the time...Cleveland's starters are just way too good, far better than any hitters the tigers can throw up there againts them

Good grief is Sanchez to be left in till there is no way of winning?!. Nope 5 down send Farmer into the fray, 1st & 3rd . now 6 down. flood gate time.

Back