Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. indians 7-05-16 Game 84

Anibal Sanchez now has a 10.12 ERA in four starts (18.2 innings) against the Indians this season.

In those 4 games, DET scored exactly 1 run while Sanchez was still on the mound and that is during this game. 2 runs total for those 4 games, depending on what happens the rest of this game. Sanchez could give up just 2 runs a game and still lose all 4 games.

Won $4 total, spent 5 so that makes me a loser on the whole

#loser

Last edited:
Lowe gave up 4 hits two runs in one inning of relief and his era actually went down. Lol good gawd send him down already!

I wish they would have just brought Davis back instead of going out and getting kza ton

God just cut Sanchez. I looked it was 2-0 then looked layer and it ws 10-1..WTF!-!!

So Wednesday's game is a 12 noon start.
I will get the particulars later Wednesday night.

the thing that is hard to determine...what games are the result of a better offense or going against shitty pitching? For example...this game the Tigers have the better offense (higher OPS, OBP and BA) but the Indians have put up 10 runs and the better offense has put up one. Is that a result of the Indians being a good offense or just going against shitty pitching?

Smoke and mirrors.

DET offense against teams under .500 = 5.3 runs per game

DET offense against team over .500 = 4.4 runs per game

5.9 runs per game VS NL teams

4.7 runs per game vs AL teams

5.2 runs per game at home

4.6 runs per game away

DET playing an AL team over .500 away. Add the fact they hit RH starters worse than LH starters. Doesn't seem like a formula for success.

DET record when scoring 5 runs or more per starter:

Fulmer (10-2) = 7-0 when scoring 5 runs, 3-2 when not
Zimmermann (10-5) = 7-1 when scoring 5 runs, 3-4 when not
Verlander (10-7) = 7-0 when scoring 5 runs, 3-7 when not
Pelfrey (7-9) = 7-3 when scoring 5 runs, 0-6 when not
Sanchez (3-9) = 3-3 when scoring 5 runs, 0-6 when not
Norris (2-1) = 2-0 when scoring 5 runs, 0-1 when not
Greene (1-2) = 1-1 when scoring 5 runs, 0-1 when not
Boyd (1-4) = 0-2 when scoring 5 runs, 1-2 when not

27-8 when scoring 5 runs, 10-29 when not

DET when neither team scores 5 runs

Fulmer 3-0
Verlander 3-2
Zimmermann 3-2
Boyd 1-0
Sanchez 0-1
Pelfrey 0-4

10-9 when neither team scores 5 runs

Bottom line, there are a lot of 10-3 games, 8-2 or 7-1 games in baseball than 3-2 games. Yes, there are the 8-6 or 6-5 games. In a 7-1 game, do you credit the pitching or the offense? Losing 3-2, most fault the offense. Yet, if it was 5-4, most would then fault the pitching.

In the last 20-30 years, the teams that consistently score 5 or more runs generally make the playoffs. Teams that consistently limit their opponents under 5 runs do not make the playoffs as often. Why? Because of park factors. In Safeco, 4 runs is as effective as 5. In Coors, 5 runs might not be enough. Yes tonight the Tigers got bad pitching. But they also got bad offense.

Ian Kinsler- The All-Star snub/Final Vote nominee walked and scored the Tigers' only run.

Anibal Sanchez- Going 4 1/3 innings with 7 ER, Sanchez does not look qualified to even make spot starts.

The offense- The Tigers managed just four hits while striking out eight times and rarely looked threatening.

Buck Farmer- Did not do well in his return to the majors, allowing two inherited runners to score in addition to three of his own.

Mark Lowe- Gave up a homer and a pair of runs, continuing his struggling season. His ERA is now at 10.33 on the year.

Tim Timmons & Co.- While the call was probably inconsequential, a blown umpiring decision in the sixth inning led to an ejection of Miguel Cabrera.

STATS AND INFO:
Sanchez did not allow a home run for just the third time in 13 starts this season and for the first time in his last eight.

Cabrera was ejected for the eighth time in his career.

Cameron Maybin's three strikeouts was his highest total in a game this year.
12 runs mark the most allowed by the Tigers against Cleveland this season.

Looks to be a clear night, think I'll go sit and watch for ufo's ...haven't seen one in years though... pretty boring, just sats crossing orbit, planes, shooting stars or once in great while the space station..

The entire #Tigers bullpen has given up just 24 home runs on the season, tied for 4th-fewest in MLB

Matthew B. Mowery added,
Matthew B. Mowery @matthewbmowery Mark Lowe, first-pitch HR allowed. He's given up a career-high 10 HRs in 26+ innings pitched.

Let's leave Jimenez in the minors while piece of shit Lowe keeps toeing the slab. He is the single worst reliever I have ever seen. I'd take Joe Nathan and valverde over this pile of shit.

Did they break 20,000 tonight ? Cleveland is such a pathetic. Fan base..

Horribal Snatchez sucks even more than Ingrate Robbertson did when the Tigers finally got fed up and traded his ass back to the Marlins.

Last edited:
Back