Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ Blue Jays 7-9-2016 game 88

Wilson has never gotten Tulo out. Hit and a walk in his other 2 meetings.

Aviles tried his best to give it back. Brad is dumb

I'd rather have a defensive ace on the bench if used like this. Aviles is not that guy. There has to be someone in our system better suited to just play D late in a game.

I have no idea why our brain trust thinks that having guys that can do a lot of things at a D level and not excel at any one thing is better than have someone that is an A or B level at one thing and failing at another.

Give me the guy that at least make an impact at some level.

Thankfully he was not rusty

I said before the trip started wanted to see no worse than 7-4 win tomorrow and it's good, lose and the trip was a fail IMO...Sanchez is pitching though so I'm not optimistic because Sanchez ain't what he used to be

Last edited:
So if tomorrow is the last game before the break and Sanchez is in line to start, why not just start Rodriguez and work our way backwards through the bullpen to at least give us a chance to win? lol

6-4 in the trip, win tomorrow and it's a great 7-4 road trip at an important time.

Mike Aviles is said to be a good guy, and God bless his little girl beating the cancer she and his family endured a year or two back, but he is not an outfielder, and is not the same player he was a few years ago which was average to mediocre at best. That said, and once again, the Tigers brain trust has at times shit for brains.

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/det/video/search?team_id=116&tagName=Detroit Tigers
Webvideo Highlights of the Tigers 3 - 2 win over the blue jays.
Hey grilli, how's the Tigers ass taste!?!?

http://www.foxsports.com/detroit/story/tigers-live-postgame-7-9-16-victor-martinez-video-070916
Webvideo Tigers LIVE postgame 7.9.16: Victor Martinez. 2 1/2 minutes.

Matt Boyd: Tigers fans moaned about their team’s starting pitching options this weekend, but Boyd delivered, holding a red-hot Blue Jays lineup to one run in five innings. He struck out six and walked two.

Andrew Romine: The seldom-used Romine had a pair of hits and an RBI hit-by-pitch, along with a couple solid plays in the field. He did make a boneheaded play on the bases in the seventh, though.

Victor Martinez: You hit a game-winning home run, you earn a roar.

The top of the lineup: Ian Kinsler, Cameron Maybin, and Miguel Cabrera combined to go 0-for-12. Kinsler stranded five runners on base.

STATS AND INFO:
The Tigers are 20-for-83 with the bases loaded this season, a .241 batting average.

The Tigers have had nine baserunners thrown out at the plate this season.

Opponents are 13-for-22 against Matt Boyd the third time through the batting order this season.

With the victory, the Tigers clinched a winning record on their current 11-game road trip. They are 6-4 heading into the final game of the first half on Sunday.

Last edited:
Rod and Craig barking at each other in the post game over rondons pitch to Travis, lol...they both have good points and when Travis hit that I thought how the f did that get out! I thought it was a routine can of corn to left off the bat, he somehow front foot one armed the damn thing...you've got to be shitting me that got out I yelled out after

Tigers DH Victor Martinez said he went right to manager Brad Ausmus after being thrown out at home and said it was his decision to go on that play.
Did not want Tigers 3B coach Dave Clark taking any heat for his decision. Atoned for that later, however, with game-winning home run.
espn

Tigers closer Francisco Rodriguez, who recorded his 24th save today after not pitching in a week, said he looked a lot rustier while warming up in the bullpen. Said he only threw about two strikes, bounced several balls. He wasn't being modest. Bullpen catcher Sam Palace confirmed. K-Rod said it felt different once he got to the mound, however.
espn

Tigers closer Francisco Rodriguez said he's willing to go longer than an inning if asked, though it doesn't sound as if that will be happening too often. Manager Brad Ausmus told him after his four-out save on June 1 that he did not plan on doing that frequently. Rodriguez said he totally understands the rationale. Knows he is being relied on to 'stay sharp and effective' in key ninth-inning role. But Ausmus didn't have him pitch for almost a week?
espn

Back