Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. blue jays 7-10-16 Game 89

Dustin Molleken: The Tigers' right-hander was the only modest bright spot, going 2.2 scoreless innings.

Cameron Maybin: A pair of singles and another stolen base, off R.A. Dickey no less, for the Tigers' centerfielder.

Al Avila and Brad Ausmus: They'll tell you they had no other options, but running Anibal Sanchez out for more than an inning or two is only a little removed from simply conceding a game.
A bullpen day, committing to use Sanchez no more than one time through the order...anything would be better than sending Sanchez out to face a batting order a second time.

Miguel Cabrera: A single for Cabrera today, but once again he looked as lost as he ever gets at the plate. The break couldn't come soon enough for him.
Miguel Cabrera struck out with two outs and Cameron Maybin on second in the third inning. The Tigers had had runners on first and third with two outs after scoring the run in the fifth, but Cabrera flied out to right.
Cabrera finished 1-for-4 on the day and 3-for-16 (.188) in the series.

STREAKS AND STATS:
Counting the 5 runs today, the Tigers have allowed 184 two-out runs this season, 2nd-most in baseball. Totally Unacceptable!!!!

Last edited:
Reminder: The All-Star Futures Game is on the MLB Network at 7PM.
Tigers minor leaguers are OF Christin Stewart on the USA team and Future Tigers' Closer Joe Jimenez on the World team.

and immediately following is the special on Mark 'The Bird' Fidrych.

I always hope for minimum of 90 wins ..even when I honestly do not expect them to achieve it.

There is always 'hope'.

I honestly am surprised they have this good of a record. For most of the season they were .500 or worse. To be in contention, even a little bit, is good.

13 of the next 16 games (before trade deadline) are against teams currently above .500. 32 of the next 35 games are against teams currently above .500. DET is 27-36 .429 WPCT against teams above .500 for the season. I believe DET will do well if they go 17-18 in the next 35 games. I can "hope" they do better. Just like I can "hope" the Lions will be better. But then the logic kicks in.

Back