Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Anthony Gose

lonesometiger

AWOL Is this for real. Gee Now just how many things can go wrong for the Tigers. Can he be cut for no show in the minor's?

Lloyd and AG got into a heated argument according to espn tiger home page, yesterday. Need to check AG stats and see how he's a doing down on the farm.

Last edited:
He didn't want to listen to the Detroit coach's this spring about playing deeper in center. Not surprised a bit that he's been uncoachable in Toledo too.

He has yet to show up to play, so what difference does it make?

EDIT: Apparently none at all to Tigers' manager Bad Ausmiss, who said: “I don’t really have a thought on it, to be honest with you. I’m sure that will all be sorted out.”

Last edited:
He has yet to show up to play, so what difference does it make?

EDIT: Apparently none at all to Tigers' manager Bad Ausmiss, who said: ?I don?t really have a thought on it, to be honest with you. I?m sure that will all be sorted out.?

to be fair, it isn't his problem

Yet he makes a comment on the situation that has zero significance or importance. And contradictory at its core.

what do you expect or want him to say about a situation that he has nothing to do with? It's a AAA player that is not expected to be called up to play for him yet stupid reporters continue to ask him questions about it. All of those questions should be handled by Avila....not the manager of the Tigers.

what do you expect or want him to say about a situation that he has nothing to do with? It's a AAA player that is not expected to be called up to play for him yet stupid reporters continue to ask him questions about it. All of those questions should be handled by Avila....not the manager of the Tigers.

"I have no comment." would be something to consider as a response.

and he would get ripped for that too.

That's not the point: It's the right response in this situation. The media is so toxic that no comment is at least one that neutralizes the issue for him. And the Detroit media ripping Ausmus? When?

That's not the point: It's the right response in this situation. The media is so toxic that no comment is at least one that neutralizes the issue for him. And the Detroit media ripping Ausmus? When?

I'm talking about people on this board

Which people? Not me.

the majority of the posters on this board that complain / second guess everything that he does. Just like they did with Leyland and just like they will do with the next manager. I don't know if you fall into that group or not.

the majority of the posters on this board that complain / second guess everything that he does. Just like they did with Leyland and just like they will do with the next manager. I don't know if you fall into that group or not.

I am not an Ausmus advocate if that's what you mean. I do not think he is capable of managing an MLB team, either.

Ausmus managed him for quite a while, I don't think it's unfair that he was asked for his thoughts on the situation. It's also not surprising that he had none to give.

And the manager of the Tigers is always the the guy the media will turn to, that's part of the gig.

Ausmus managed him for quite a while, I don't think it's unfair that he was asked for his thoughts on the situation. It's also not surprising that he had none to give.

And the manager of the Tigers is always the the guy the media will turn to, that's part of the gig.

here are his thoughts from an ESPN article

Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said he had heard what happened but did not know the details.

"Anytime a player reacts that way to a manager, it's a concern, but it's certainly not anything that can't be dealt with or gotten past," Ausmus said.

Asked if this is the first time this has happened with Gose, Ausmus replied: "As far as I know, yeah."

Ausmus said he understood that there may have been some frustration at play in Saturday's events.

"I think you have to understand the human side, the human element involved, the emotions involved, and those struggles play into his emotions obviously," Ausmus said.

I watched Toledo play back in late June. Gose was horrible and played RF. His whole demeanor sucked.

Ausmus is part of the reason Gose was sent down, that and Gose himself. Ausmus is briefed on who is doing what in the minors, especially anyone who might get a call.

Back